We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Barber Shop

sprki
Level Contributor
362 posts
50 reviews
Save Topic
Barber Shop

We will be staying at Disney's Hilton Head early May and were wondering if there is somewhere close by I would be able to get a haircut?

Although I'll most likely have a trim before leaving home, my hair grows quickly and irritates me very quickly so I normally only last 10-14 days before having it clipped again.

Thanks

Hilton Head, South...
Destination Expert
for Hilton Head
Level Contributor
2,851 posts
124 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Barber Shop

My husband goes to Leonard's at Fountain Plaza, 55 New Orleans Rd, Hilton Head Isle, SC 29928

Phone:(843) 785-6367. It's not too far from Disney. He pays $18 for his haircut (can't beat the price and he always looks good when he comes home).

Joanne

Everywhere
Level Contributor
181 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Barber Shop

First off, I am a believer that NOTHING on the island isn't close by (especially if you have a car.) The island is 12 miles long and maybe five miles wide.

That being said there is actually a place called "The Barber Shop" where me and my son get our haircut when we go down there. I think we have done it three times now. It's on Matthews Drive on the North End of the island in a small shoppig center. They have a lot of barbers on staff and the wait isn't long usually. I believe they are closed Sunday and take appointments on Monday but walk ins are taken the other days.

The only thing that I didn't like there was the last time we went and the woman who cut my five year olds hair was being a little of a rhymes with witch. She obviously didn't like kids and was very impatient with him (that was in January.) It always bothers me when woman doesn't like kids, just seems unnatural. The male owner was the best with my boy.

They take cash only.

Edited: 11 April 2014, 23:51
Hilton Head, South...
Level Contributor
2,981 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Barber Shop

I have been going to the "Barber Shop"on Matthews Drive, since I moved here ten years ago. It is a family place and all but one of the barbers are related. They are originally from New Orleans, so there is a lot of LSU paraphernalia around the shop. They also have a few parrots in cages near the entrance.

The owner Rick and his wife have the two chairs nearest the door, They also have a daughter and son working there, as well as the daughters husband.

The best day to go, is Tuesday, since they don't take appointments that day, it's first come first served.

Stan (hhiguy)

Edited: 12 April 2014, 22:56
Hilton Head Island
Level Contributor
73 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Barber Shop

"The Barber Shop" on Matthews Dr.

I live in NJ but come to HHI frequently. I will always try to time my trip with my haircut or vice-versa. This is the place to go for a good cut, that is well done. You will find the father, mother, son, daughter, son-in-law all working here.

PS- I hesitate to mention that a mens cut is only $19, this place is great because of the quality of the cut not the fact that it's cheap as well.

sprki
Level Contributor
362 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Barber Shop

Thank you so much, despite hitting my 40's last year, my hair is really vthick and grows quite quickly, and as such, I find that I am having it trimmed usually less than 2 weeks at a time, especially in warmer weather.

Although it'll be cut the day before I fly, I do suspect that I will want it done again before my return flight home.

Thaks

Mark

6. Re: Barber Shop

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 April 2015, 05:15
Get answers to your questions about Hilton Head