We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What is near Bluewater Resort and Marina?

Ontario
Level Contributor
124 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
What is near Bluewater Resort and Marina?

My brother in law got a last minute deal yesterday at Bluewater resort and invited myself and my husband to go with him and his father in law. We will leave early Sunday morning and drive to Hilton Head ( about 14 hour drive ) The guys will go golfing most days but I'm not a golfer. Are there stores I could get to within walking distance while they are golfing? I enjoy being outdoors and like to walk or bike. It sounds like there are bike paths on the island. My husband won't golf every day but any suggestions for things I could do on my own would be appreciated.

Hilton Head, South...
Destination Expert
for Hilton Head
Level Contributor
2,836 posts
124 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What is near Bluewater Resort and Marina?

Within walking distance , down Squire Pope Road are several restaurants. Hudson's, Chart House and Skull Creek. That's about it for walking. I would suggest driving your husband to golf and picking him up so you can have the car. Then your options are limitless.

Many interesting tours, etc. at the Coastal Disscovery Museum- www.coastaldiscovery.org

Lots of interesting shops: Village of Wexford, Coligny, Main Street, Shelter Cove marina (to name a few).

Lots of water activities- and of course the beach.

50 miles of bike paths

What are your interests?

Joanne

Ontario
Level Contributor
124 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What is near Bluewater Resort and Marina?

Thanks for the information. I will check out the website. That looks like a place we'd be interested in visiting. We like to learn as much as we can about the places we visit.

I have absolutely no sense of direction so that was why I asked about things to do close to the resort. This will be my first time to Hilton Head and I'm not sure I would be comfortable driving myself around. If there is an area near the resort with some little shops that is pretty simple to drive to,I may be brave enough to attempt it :) I'd like to look for gifts for my grandchildren ,ages 3 yr and 9 months. I like to walk around and see the different shops etc

I would like to explore the island but my husband will probably be with me for that part of our trip.

Hilton Head, South...
Level Contributor
2,981 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What is near Bluewater Resort and Marina?

You might try looking at the shopping centers right off the island. Tanger 1 and 2. They are both on the left when you stay on 278 they have lots of big name discount outlets like Brooks Brother, Ralph Lauren, et.al.

Stan (hhiguy)

Ontario
Level Contributor
124 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: What is near Bluewater Resort and Marina?

Thank you for your help!

Hilton Head, South...
Destination Expert
for Hilton Head
Level Contributor
2,836 posts
124 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: What is near Bluewater Resort and Marina?

Route 278, also known as William Hilton parkway, travels north and south from the bridge onto the island all the way to Sea Pines circle on the south end of the island. (Just do not confuse this with the toll road called cross island expressway). It is easy to navigate the island by just keeping on this main road. There are shops all along this road.

One of the cutest children's shops is Island Child in the Village of Wexford shopping plaza. Just take 278 south about 8 miles maybe from where you are(the island is12 miles long and 5miles wide) and right after you see the sign for Shipyard Plantation and Wexford Plantation, the Village of Wexford shopping will be your next right. Very easy drive.

Ontario
Level Contributor
124 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: What is near Bluewater Resort and Marina?

Thanks for the helpful information re William Hilton Parkway.

I will definitely make a trip to Island Child ! Thanks again!

7. Re: What is near Bluewater Resort and Marina?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 April 2015, 06:15
Get answers to your questions about Hilton Head