We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Casual dining near Spa on Port Royal Sound?

Which Hilton Head hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Nitro, West Virginia
Level Contributor
28 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Casual dining near Spa on Port Royal Sound?

We will be staying at the Spa on Port Royal Sound in July. Can anyone suggest restaurants nearby? Hubby loves a good cheeseburger and cold beer. I like to sit outdoors and enjoy happy hour.

Everywhere
Level Contributor
181 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Casual dining near Spa on Port Royal Sound?

My suggestions would be : Street Meet in Port Royal Plaza. Coming out of the Spa make a left on Dillon. Cross over 278 and the shoppincenter is rught there. less than 10 minutes of easy driving.

Mickey's pub is the consumate dive bar and is hidden behind the shops in Northridge Plaza. never ate there but usually start off my drinking expeditions there and usually end there. Not sure about food but there is a pizza place connected to it that you can get food and eat at the bar.

If alcohol with your meal isn't a requirement you MUStT try Rays Cafe. My favorite place on the island by far. I absolutely love them. The are just breakfast and lunch although they said they were going to do dinner during the season. Out of the Spa go on Matthews and make right onto Palmetto Parkway and Rays is right there (not visible until you turn left almost immediately after the right) or just follow Matthews and turn in Northridge Plaza and go behind the movie theater and make a right at the end.You'll see the Ace Hardware and then Ray's.

Don't limit yourself to things close by though. The island has so much to offer and is only 12 miles long and five miles wide. Everything is closeby imo.

Have fun!!!!!

Edited: 06 May 2014, 00:29
Nitro, West Virginia
Level Contributor
28 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Casual dining near Spa on Port Royal Sound?

Thank you! This is our first visit.

Daufuskie Island
Level Contributor
715 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Casual dining near Spa on Port Royal Sound?

Also Yummy House (cheap excellent asian buffet, menu and they deliver to the Spa), the French Bakery, Dunkin Donuts, Starbucks, Fiesta Fresh (excellent!), Reilley's, OKKO (coolest atmosphere of any restaurant on the island), Tapas, Bella Italia, and Ray's Cafe are all near the Bi-lo shopping center at Port Royal Plaza:

http://portroyalplazahhi.com/restaurant/

As far as I know the Wild Yogurt store is the only one on the island with "Only 8" frozen yogurt. 8 calories per ounce and still tastes good. https://www.facebook.com/WildYogurtHHI

Also nearby turning west on 278 are Mangiamos, Frankie Bones and Wiseguys.

Have fun and report back!

Jeff

4. Re: Casual dining near Spa on Port Royal Sound?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 May 2015, 06:16