We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Leaving in the morning!

Which Hilton Head hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Oklahoma
Level Contributor
179 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Leaving in the morning!

I should have posted this earlier, but I'm hoping some of you will be able to give me some suggestions today. We are leaving from Oklahoma bright and early tomorrow morning. We are driving to and spending the night in Birmingham and then will arrive in HH Tuesday. We are staying at HH Beach and Tennis resort for 5 nights. We are getting packed up today, and I just wanted to check to see if there are things we should bring that might not occur to us. We will eat breakfast and some lunches in the condo, but we'll eat dinners out. Any tips or suggestions would be much appreciated! This is our first trip to SC. Can't wait!

Oklahoma
Level Contributor
179 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Leaving in the morning!

I forgot to mention that we are a family of five - three daughters aged 22, 20, and 15.

Hilton Head, South...
Destination Expert
for Hilton Head
Level Contributor
2,720 posts
121 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Leaving in the morning!

There is a Publix and Harris Teeter, as well as a Walmart at the north end of the island not far from where you are staying. You should be able to pick up anything you might need at one of those places. If there is any room in the car, throw in a cooler and beach chairs for the beach. You will definitely want to rent bikes when you get here; this can be done via phone and they will deliver and pick up to your condo.

There are many, many posts on different restaurants so scan through those. You can also log onto: www.hhidining.com. A couple of restaurants are also right near where you are renting. Pick up one of the hard copies of the restaurant guide at Publix.

Also, at: www.101thingshhi.com you can find lots of activities with contact info.

Make sure to check out the coastal discovery museum programs and tours while you are here.

Enjoy.

Joanne

Oklahoma
Level Contributor
179 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Leaving in the morning!

Thank you so much, Joanne! That helps:)

Hilton Head, South...
1 post
Save Reply
4. Re: Leaving in the morning!

Be sure to check out Shelter Cove Marina. There are great restaurants there as well as nice shops. Scotts Fish Market there is one of my favorites. After dinner stroll along the Marina area for a nice relaxing evening. Hope you have a awesome vacation in beautiful Hilton Head Island.

Oklahoma
Level Contributor
179 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Leaving in the morning!

That sounds great!

Do you know if soft shell crab is in season and where the best place to eat it at is?

Hilton Head, South...
Destination Expert
for Hilton Head
Level Contributor
2,720 posts
121 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Leaving in the morning!

The Bluffton Oyster Company harvests soft shell crabs usually between March and May. The season can last up to 8 weeks. We are now into shrimp season, but give them and call and ask. 843-757-4010

Joanne

Edited: 26 May 2014, 13:28
7. Re: Leaving in the morning!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 May 2015, 05:16