We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ferry to Charleston

Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
60 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
Ferry to Charleston

Hello!

I understand terr are several boats/ferries that shuttle to and from HHI and Charleston, SC. Does anyone know which companies offer those? Which are best? Best rates? Where do they leave out of? I believe I've heard one leaves out of Harbortown and I also thought I read something about one leaving from by the Oyster Factory?

Please advise. Thank you!!

Kiawah Island...
Destination Expert
for Kiawah Island, Charleston
Level Contributor
9,142 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ferry to Charleston

I think you are looking for a ferry to Savannah, not Charleston. Charleston is about 100 miles away from HHI.

Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
60 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ferry to Charleston

Hello,

From what I have been told, there is a ferry for each. We went to Savannah last year so we wanted to go to Charleston this year. It's a longer ferry ride and that is fine with us.

Charleston, South...
Level Contributor
2,533 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ferry to Charleston

There is not a ferry between Hilton Head and Charleston.

Charleston, South...
Destination Expert
for Charleston, South Carolina, Telluride
Level Contributor
11,069 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Ferry to Charleston

Even by car it is a couple of hours drive.

Decatur, GA
Destination Expert
for Atlanta
Level Contributor
5,654 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Ferry to Charleston

I agree with the other two responses that there is no ferry to Charleston. What is the source of your information?

6. Re: Ferry to Charleston

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 July 2015, 06:16
Get answers to your questions about Hilton Head