We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need 2 bedroom Wild Dunes rental 12/23 - 1/2

Upstate NY
2 posts
Save Topic
Need 2 bedroom Wild Dunes rental 12/23 - 1/2

We had booked and paid for our Christmas vacation to Wild Dunes, and was just notified today the villa is not available. Can anyone recommend a website or owner to contact?

Thank you for your help!

Ridgewood, New...
Destination Expert
for Kiawah Island, Charleston
Level Contributor
8,818 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Need 2 bedroom Wild Dunes rental 12/23 - 1/2

So sorry this happened to you!

Check the vacation rentals listings on TripAdvisor. (Click the link on the upper left of this page.) Most of these listings have availability calendars.

Also, look at the listings for Isle of Palms/Wild Dunes on www.vrbo.com. A sort feature on VRBO allows you to check only those listings that are available for your desired dates.

Winston-Salem, NC
Level Contributor
250 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Need 2 bedroom Wild Dunes rental 12/23 - 1/2

You might also browse the Island Realty offerings.

islandrealty.com

Daniel Island...
Level Contributor
324 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Need 2 bedroom Wild Dunes rental 12/23 - 1/2

That really is supposed to happen. I would think that whomever you made the arrangements with would be bending over backward to fix this problem. There is a Shipwatch available those dates with the property manager I use. I guess since the Island Realty reference made it, it's ok to say that is Coastal Carolina Properties.

Ridgewood, New...
Destination Expert
for Kiawah Island, Charleston
Level Contributor
8,818 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Need 2 bedroom Wild Dunes rental 12/23 - 1/2

As golfer4life intended to say, "This is NOT supposed to happen." ;-)

I only know of these situations when -

1. Something has gone wrong with the unit so that it is not habitable. (This could include a unit under renovation that will not be completed on time.)

2. The property is sold, and the new owner won't honor reservations.

3. You have rented through a manager, but the property owner decides to claim the home for his own use. (Managers hate this, but it does happen. If the manager hasn't got anything else available for your dates, there isn't much he can do other than to return your money.)

All of us are terribly sorry about this situation. Please let us know if/when the problem is resolved.

Daniel Island...
Level Contributor
324 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Need 2 bedroom Wild Dunes rental 12/23 - 1/2

Thanks for correcting my booboo.

6. Re: Need 2 bedroom Wild Dunes rental 12/23 - 1/2

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 June 2010, 05:17
Get answers to your questions about Isle of Palms
Recent Conversations