We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

First time, borrowing friend's home, couple of questions...

Virginia
Level Contributor
52 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
First time, borrowing friend's home, couple of questions...

Hello,

We are borrowing a very nice friend's house during Spring Break (Easter Week). My husband will be recovering from cancer treatments. We have two teens (who will be bringing friends) and a special needs child. SO - lots of pre planning needed.

The house is on Edgewater Alley. Is this part of Wild Dunes? I know that we need a pass to get through the gates. What gates would this be? Where is the best and closest beach access - I assume we would drive our car to the beach? Should we bring bikes - is biking safe for the teens?

Most important - is there a pool for which we can get a weekly pass? My autistic daughter would love to swim in a pool if it is too cold to do so in the ocean.

Thanks!

Charleston, South...
Destination Expert
for Charleston, South Carolina, Telluride
Level Contributor
11,589 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: First time, borrowing friend's home, couple of questions...

Yes, that is in Wild Dunes. The "gates" are at the entrance to Wild Dunes, separating it from the rest of the Isle of Palms. Your friends should be able to give you the info you need to get in the gates. There are pools in Wild Dunes, but they are outdoors and I'm not sure they will be very warm at that time. Also, not sure how access works, as the pools tend to be associated with condo buildings.

I live on the island, but not in Wild Dunes, so unfortunately I can't help much with specifics related to WD. Hopefully, someone who knows more about the resort will see this.

Greensboro, North...
Destination Expert
for Isle of Palms, Edisto Island, Charleston
Level Contributor
6,053 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: First time, borrowing friend's home, couple of questions...

Amenities depend on what the owners subscribe to. Some neighborhoods have pools. If the owners belong to the club you may be able to pay a fee to use the pool with their membership. You will probably get the best answers from your very nice friend.

There are beach accesses everywhere.

Best to your family. Hope you have a great time.

Caro, Michigan
Level Contributor
472 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: First time, borrowing friend's home, couple of questions...

There is a heated pool at Wild Dunes, for a fee... but only if your friends have a Sports Card. That's really something you need to ask your friends!

4. Re: First time, borrowing friend's home, couple of questions...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 June 2013, 20:08
Get answers to your questions about Isle of Palms
Recent Conversations