We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ice Cream!

New Jersey
Level Contributor
91 posts
45 reviews
Save Topic
Ice Cream!

Hi! We are headed your way Wednesday morning- about a 10 hour drive from NJ.

Staying at the Seaview Inn- hoping for a good room, but a bit nervous.

One of my favorite things to do at the beach for lunch is to have an ice cream lunch- saves room for a big dinner, plus cools us off.

Any good ice cream places walkable from the Seaview?

Thanks for all your help- now to start packing!!!

Isle of Palms...
Level Contributor
717 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ice Cream!

There's a Ben & Jerry's stand practically across the street from Seaview. I've only gotten cones or cups there... don't think they do sundaes.

If want your iace cream jazzed up a bit, check out Long Island Cafe (in a little shopping ctr on Palm Blvd & within walking distance). Turtle Sundae with homemade caramel & chocolate sauces, whipped cream, and pecans. Mud Pie with choc crumb crust, choc sauce, pecans. Peanut butter ice cream pie with choc sauce & peanuts. BTW... the chocolate sauce is warm ganache :)

New Jersey
Level Contributor
91 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ice Cream!

Oh my god! I am walking up there for that! I can get Ben and Jerrys at home!

Thanks so much for the tip

Another question: can you leave your chairs/umbrella ect (no valuables) on the beach while you run for ice cream? Hate to have to pick everything up, put it in the room only to have to set everything back up again.

Thanks so much for the tip- my mouth is watering!

Isle of Palms...
Level Contributor
717 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ice Cream!

I've never had a problem with leaving stuff on the beach, and I do it all the time, to run up to the house. That said, I'm several blocks away from "developed" area where your hotel is. However, I've never heard about any problems, and I grew up on the islands. Just make sure your stuff is above the high tide line if the tide's coming in!

Oh, almost forgot, Long Island Cafe is pretty casual for lunch, but you will need to put on shorts, t-shirt, shoes. Ask for extra choc sauce! I'd be happy if they just brought me a bowl of that.

Charleston, South...
Destination Expert
for Charleston, South Carolina, Telluride
Level Contributor
11,175 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Ice Cream!

That peanut butter pie is to DIE FOR!!! One of my very favorite desserts anywhere!

New Jersey
Level Contributor
91 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Ice Cream!

Well! Long Island Cafe sounds like a place for lunch AND dessert!!

When we go to the beaches here in Jersey, we never have any problems with leaving stuff to go into the water for an extended period of time. There seems as if there is some sort of "code of honor" regarding beach stuff. I figured it would be the same way down there.

So looking forward to our time on the island- hope the weather clears!!

Charleston, South...
Destination Expert
for Charleston, South Carolina, Telluride
Level Contributor
11,175 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Ice Cream!

I wouldn't leave anything valuable (phone, etc) but leaving chair, towels, lotions, etc should be fine.

7. Re: Ice Cream!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 August 2013, 09:16