We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Boats in Wild Dunes?

richmond
Level Contributor
169 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Boats in Wild Dunes?

I read that you can't bring any water craft into the community. We would like to stay in a condo in WD, but we always bring 2 kayaks & a 14' skiff.. Would this not be allowed?

Charleston, South...
Destination Expert
for Charleston, South Carolina, Telluride
Level Contributor
11,579 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Boats in Wild Dunes?

I'm not sure on that... the best way to find out would be to get in touch and ask them. It is a gated community, so they can make the rules as they wish. One question would be ~ if you are staying in a condo, where are you going to store this stuff? There are other condos on the island besides WD and houses. A house may be the better option if you want to bring all that.

www.wilddunes.com

Greensboro, North...
Destination Expert
for Isle of Palms, Edisto Island, Charleston
Level Contributor
6,051 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Boats in Wild Dunes?

Right. Your best bet is to call and ask about specific policies.

There used to be a poster on here that has a place in WD, but I haven't seen him on here recently. He would know. But it's quicker just for you to call the resort and find out if you can bring your boats.

richmond
Level Contributor
169 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Boats in Wild Dunes?

Guess I'll look for a small house or condo outside of the resort. But I've only seen large homes on the island.

Going to a place where I've never been before is proving to be challenging!

Thanks -

Charleston, South...
Destination Expert
for Charleston, South Carolina, Telluride
Level Contributor
11,579 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Boats in Wild Dunes?

Try Carrol Realty, they specialize in homes on IOP, there are all sizes. The ocean front stuff is going to be very big tho.

843-886-9600 1-800-845-7718

www.carrollrealtyinc.com/beach-rentals.html

Isle of Palms...
Level Contributor
717 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Boats in Wild Dunes?

Yes, there are lots of smaller homes for rent on the island. Heck, there are 3 or 4 on my street! Do look now, though, because July is VERY busy, and rentals fill up fast.

Caro, Michigan
Level Contributor
472 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Boats in Wild Dunes?

We have taken ours in.... But we stay at a house, not a condo. In fact, we drive the 20 boat in, to unload before we take it to the marina for the week. They are usually pretty accommodating!

7. Re: Boats in Wild Dunes?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 March 2014, 06:17
Get answers to your questions about Isle of Palms
Recent Conversations