We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

myrtle beach vs isle of palms

Dayton, Ohio
1 post
1 review
Save Topic
myrtle beach vs isle of palms

I am picking between myrtle beach and isle of palms (never been to SC). Have two small children and a dog. Looking for nice beaches (with fluffy sand and swimmable water). Just need a few things to do with the kids. could use some help (wife and I are going back and forth). Thanks.

Mike

Shelbyville, KY
Level Contributor
546 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: myrtle beach vs isle of palms

They are light years apart. We made several trips to Myrtle Beach when our kids were small, and it was great for kids because of the water parks, mini-golf, and wide selection of restaurants. Now that the kids are grown, we have tried Wild Dunes on IOP which is super quiet with lots of trees, bicycle paths, and a much smaller selection of restaurants. However, Mt. Pleasant is a short drive away and we had several really good meals there. We enjoyed both places becuse they each suited our needs at the time. All the Atlantic beaches have much more current than the Gulf of Mexico beaches where I am more comfortable swimming, so I will let someone else decide how swimmable it is. I think it would be more of a boogie board/body surf beach. The dog might mean that you would have to rent a house instead of a condo, and there aren't a lot of units that are pet friendly.

2. Re: myrtle beach vs isle of palms

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 June 2014, 06:17