We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kiawah - which villa is closest to Night Heron kiddie pool

Which Kiawah Island hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
pittsburgh
6 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Kiawah - which villa is closest to Night Heron kiddie pool

Hello, have never been to Kiawah, all advice welcome! Headed there the second week of September 2013 when rates our lower so we have more wiggle room. I know we want to be in East Beach with FULL RESORT PRIVILEGES so that we can take our 4 year old twins to the new Night Heron kiddie pool. My question: which villa would you recommend that is closest to the pool (so that the little ones can walk there easily) but is also as close as possible to the beach so that we can also walk there (for mommy. It's not a vacation to me unless I can at least hear the ocean). I know we're looking at probably Mariner's Watch or Windswept. I guess if necessary i could also go for a scenic/lagoon/parkview -- but it seems like they are quite a walk to the pool. Any advice?? Any specific addresses of a clean modern villa you care to share?

Just need a 2 bedroom but maybe we can go for a 3 bedroom in a better location if the rates are good.

Any other advice welcome as well regarding our stay. Thanks!

Kiawah Island...
Destination Expert
for Kiawah Island, Charleston
Level Contributor
8,792 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Kiawah - which villa is closest to Night Heron kiddie pool

Windswept is where we stayed for a number of years, when we wanted to be near Night Heron Park.

Can't help with any specifics, it's been over ten years since we rented. Windswept is about as close as you'll get to both beach and pool.

pittsburgh
6 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Kiawah - which villa is closest to Night Heron kiddie pool

thank you kiawah beth!

Walpole...
Level Contributor
23 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Kiawah - which villa is closest to Night Heron kiddie pool

We always stay at Windswept and indeed it is a very short walk to both the pool and the beach. Just make sure if you are renting via the owner (i.e. VRBO) that it says it comes w/ resort priviliges. P.S. My husband ( a little boy at heart) REALLY wanted to go in the kiddie pool--- it looks awesome!

Ridgewood, New...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
8,598 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Kiawah - which villa is closest to Night Heron kiddie pool

If you want to be right on the beach, the second (upper) floor, three-bedroom villas in the Mariner's Watch duplexes are lovely - great views and sounds of waves, along with a very private "cottage" feel. The first floor units are equally nice, but will not have the views or the breezes.

For a two-bedroom oceanfront villa in this area, you will be limited to the larger buildings in Windswept ... Still great views, but definitely "condos".

pittsburgh
6 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Kiawah - which villa is closest to Night Heron kiddie pool

thank you so much for your reply!!

pittsburgh
6 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Kiawah - which villa is closest to Night Heron kiddie pool

great input!! thanks so much. the first time you ever go to a destination, it is so hit or miss. thanks to all for making it more of a 'hit'. That's exactly the kind of info i was looking for! i'm definitely not a real high-rise kind of person, esp not with young kids. Thanks again.

Ridgewood, New...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
8,598 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Kiawah - which villa is closest to Night Heron kiddie pool

HaHa! Don't want to lead you wrong. Oceanfront Windswept is NOT a high rise by normal standards! The buildings are just bigger than others on Kiawah, so feel more like condos. You won't be in a high rise anywhere on Kiawah.:-)

pittsburgh
6 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Kiawah - which villa is closest to Night Heron kiddie pool

ah-ha! ok thanks! :)

Kiawah Island...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
8,792 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Kiawah - which villa is closest to Night Heron kiddie pool

I think either 4 or 5 stories is the max on Kiawah...I think it's that building and one more, plus the Sanctuary, that's it.

No highrises here!!!

10. Re: Kiawah - which villa is closest to Night Heron kiddie pool

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 June 2014, 07:16
Get answers to your questions about Kiawah Island