We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

one day in area

florida
Level Contributor
7 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
one day in area

We will be passing through in a couple of weeks on our way to Savannah with our three kids 14, 10 and 6.

Im thinking about stopping in the area for a few hours to visit Patriot's Point? any other things we might enjoy? Also, good casual restaurant?

We like things laid back/casual mostly. off the beaten path stuff.

thanks!

Greensboro, North...
Destination Expert
for Isle of Palms, Edisto Island, Charleston
Level Contributor
6,073 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: one day in area

Are you interested i going to the beach? Fort Moultrie on Sullivan's is interesting and there are some great lunch places out there.

Also the Center for the Birds of Prey is and Seewee Wildlife Center are on the way in to Mt P. Their websites can tell you schedules for tours. The great Seewee Restaurant is out there too. Don't let the facade fool you.

Did you want to see Char;eston at all?

Charleston, South...
Destination Expert
for Charleston, South Carolina, Telluride
Level Contributor
11,946 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: one day in area

I'm confused.... you live in Florida, but you will be passing thru Charleston on the way to Savannah?

florida
Level Contributor
7 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: one day in area

We will be stopping over on our way back from North Carolina, kinda a semi road trip as soon as the kids get out of school. That is how we will be going back south :)

Thanks for the suggestions. They sound good. I will take a look at the websites and see if it is something we can do.

4. Re: one day in area

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 November 2010, 07:34
Get answers to your questions about Mount Pleasant