We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Backfinz restaurant

Calabash, North...
Level Contributor
332 posts
94 reviews
Save Topic
Backfinz restaurant

Backfinz restaurant doesn't look like much from the outside. but it's worth going to. As a recently transplanted Marylander. I finally got to go there. As my husband said. we've had good crabcakes and bad ones. This one ranks up in the better range. We will go back and try crabs in a month or two.

Calabash, North...
Level Contributor
332 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Backfinz restaurant

Well we went back there and did crabs tonight for Father's Day. They are closed on Sundays. While they only had mediums at $35 per dozen, they were good. Truly Maryland style, because the owner is a Marylander. The seaoning on them was great.

Herndon, VA
Level Contributor
731 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Backfinz restaurant

Good to know where we can crack crabs. I married a Maryland girl and we'll meet up with her sister and family at Pawley's on Saturday. I'll try to convince the crowd to try Backfinz.

Thanks for the info.

Ed

Brentwood, Tennessee
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Backfinz restaurant

We vacation in Litchfield every summer and we've gone to Backfinz for seven of those years. We discovered it because we were searching for steamed blue crabs and all we could find were crab legs. Someone finally recommended we try Backfinz, and we have been hooked since. It's an easy-to-miss little joint from the road, but it's a true Maryland crabhouse experience, down to the Orioles/Ravens decor and Rick the proprietor, a Marylander himself. The only difference is the crabs are actually better than those I've had several times in Maryland itself. The prices have been at, or less than, I've paid other places as well, so if you're looking for a true crab-picking experience, I highly recommend Backfinz!

4. Re: Backfinz restaurant

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 January 2010, 05:16
Get answers to your questions about Murrells Inlet
Recent Conversations
More Murrells Inlet Topics