We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurant Info

Alderson, WV
Level Contributor
33 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Restaurant Info

My husband and I are staying in NMB (Aug 1-8) for a second honeymoon. (Yeah a trip without the kids, scary).

I definately wanted to check out some of the places we have never been to and Murrells Inlet is at the tip top of that list.

We are planning on going there for only one day (well that is the plan so far, might change when we visit!), but there are so many restaurants to choose from and all have great reviews.

We want to try some fresh local seafood, because I hate to admit as many times as we have been to MB, my hubby hasn't strayed from his Alaskian King Crab Legs (which are obviously not from MB) and I have been a little scared to try to much of anything as far as seafood goes (I don't like trout which is the only fresh fish I have ever tasted). But that is going to change!

So, sorry for all that background, here are the questions...

What restaurant do you reccommend for fresh local seafood, moderately priced, and with great views?

And also what do you reccommend to order for a first timer like me? One more note, DH is allergic to shrimp, but can eat all other shellfish and stuff.

What about nightlife? Any reccommendations there?

Pawleys Island SC
Destination Expert
for Pawleys Island, Murrells Inlet
Level Contributor
1,477 posts
138 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Restaurant Info

Once your husband samples some of our fresh local seafood, he'll forget about those frozen crab legs. For a very nice dinner @ moderate prices and a fantastic view, I recommend Hot Fish Club. Divine's is also excellent with a nice view, but a little more pricey. For very simple fried seafood, and the freshest around, we go to Russell's. It's not on the water, but the view is very nice from the deck and some of the tables. You can't beat it.

What to order? Grouper, flounder and mahi are all caught local and will be fresh and good. If you order fried, flounder is always a good choice. For grilled, I prefer grouper or mahi. Hot Fish Club and Divine's also have excellent, fresh crab cakes made from local blue crabs. It's all good...

The MarshWalk - http://www.murrellsinletmarshwalk.com/ - is a fun place to hang out after dinner. Stroll the boardwalk with your favorite beverage and listen to 6 or 7 different live bands. Pick the one you like best and drop in for a drink or three. Hot Fish Club also has live entertainment most nites starting at 9:30.

Y'all have fun.

Athens, Alabama
Level Contributor
3,923 posts
406 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Restaurant Info

Sara J's in Garden City has great fresh seafood and a very nice waterfront (back water) view with outside covered deck dining. Lee's Inlet Kitchen in Murrell's Inlet has excellent fresh seafood both broiled and fried, great steaks and the best crab cakes around but no view. Both get very crowded so plan ahead and go early or be prepared to wait a while. As previously suggested you can't go wrong with flounder, mahi, red snapper or grouper. Grilled mahi, especially grilled over real charcoal or a wood fire, is hard to beat.

State College...
Level Contributor
214 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Restaurant Info

Definitely do the "marshwalk" in Murrells--we were just there last week and had a great time! We went there two nights. Every restaurant has an outdoor deck of some kind, and most have live entertainment. It is very nice and romantic to stroll around the boardwalk at dusk. We ate at Drunken Jack's, which is very good, and also at Creek Ratz, a small, friendly and very casual place. We also ate at Cedar Hill Landing which is not on the marsh, but was good nonetheless. The stretch of highway that runs along the inlet is kind of a mini "restaurant row" like in Myrtle Beach but much, MUCH less tacky!

Pittsburgh, Pa.
Level Contributor
192 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Restaurant Info

I agree with coastermeister. Sara J's has a great view of the marsh. We ate there recently and enjoyed it. Lee's Kitchen has no view but outstanding food. I ordered crab cakes at 3 different restaurants and Lee's were without a doubt the best!

5. Re: Restaurant Info

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 February 2010, 05:16
Get answers to your questions about Murrells Inlet
Recent Conversations
More Murrells Inlet Topics