We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurant question

Richmond, VA
6 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Restaurant question

My family and I used to vacation at Litchfield beach back in the late 70s/early 80s. I'm now taking my own family there in August b/c I have such fond memories. My brother and I remember a restaurant that looked like a ship or a pirate ship or something-- it was a big deal for us to go there for dinner and we loved it. Anyone have any idea what it was called and/or if it still exists? Thanks!

Charleston, SC
Level Contributor
3,689 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Restaurant question

On the Creek there are numerous restaurants - I'm thinking it might be one of those.

However, be sure to go to the Hammock Shops just farther south and eat at High Hammock. Eat outside if you can - I had a delicious crab cake sandwich but the entire menu looks wonderful.

Pawleys Island SC
Destination Expert
for Pawleys Island, Murrells Inlet
Level Contributor
1,478 posts
138 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Restaurant question

Welcome back! If you haven't visited since the 80's, you will notice just a **few** changes! The area has developed quite a bit, but it's still one of the best beaches around, and Murrells Inlet is still THE place to go for seafood.

I can't recall a restaurant like you describe, but someone else may come to the rescue. There was a restaurant called Ghost Ship or something similar near the north end of MI with a shrimp boat right at the front door, but it is closed. The Marsh Walk - http://www.murrellsinletmarshwalk.com/ - has been a great addition to MI. It's a nice place to stroll along the inlet and listen to the live music coming from the restaurants and bars. A public pier has also been added to the Walk, extending out into the marsh.

Litchfield and MI are still great places to build family memories. Enjoy your visit and let me know if I can help with any questions.

3. Re: Restaurant question

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 January 2010, 08:16
Get answers to your questions about Murrells Inlet
More Murrells Inlet Topics