We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ellington @ Wachesaw Plantation East

Sevierville...
Level Contributor
9 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Ellington @ Wachesaw Plantation East

Ok, I took a chance with this place like I have in the past with other places, that have had some negative reveiews. My family of four may have been in the "older" section but I would NOT recommend this place. The things that I had read about this place were exactly what I experience much to my dismay. I took pictures and I am intending to send them to the resorts parent company. This place is NOT being maintained. (I have NEVER once even thought of doing this before now.) The cabinetry overall needed to be replaced. One was "fixed" with tons of wood glue on the inside and outside of door. The small vanity in the master bath had toothpaste smeers on the front of the door- YUCK! Cobwebs in several corners (I am not a spotless housekeeper and still I wonder how in the world any of this could be overlooked.) I had to turn on every light in the place to keep it from feeling like a cave. The windows were right by a road and so keeping them open was not an option. The best thing I can say about this place is the pass to Huntington Beach. It was a highlight of our stay and made everything else tolerable.

Murrell's Inlet was very quaint and food was excellent! Bovines is now on our list of MUST try again eateries! YUM!!! Used SeaThunder for Dolphin watch. Although no dolphins were sighted, it was a nice (wet) trip and the kids (13&10) enjoyed it.

Still a nice vacation but "resort" did add a negetive element that we have never experienced in the past.

1. Re: Ellington @ Wachesaw Plantation East

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 April 2010, 06:16
Get answers to your questions about Murrells Inlet
Recent Conversations
More Murrells Inlet Topics