We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

best seafood rest.,not fried food?

CLIFTON PARK, N.Y.
Level Contributor
11 posts
30 reviews
Save Topic
best seafood rest.,not fried food?

Staying in MB this Feb. Looking for Rest., wife loves shrimp,me any type fresh fish. In the $15-20 range

Pawleys Island SC
Destination Expert
for Pawleys Island, Murrells Inlet
Level Contributor
1,404 posts
138 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: best seafood rest.,not fried food?

The neat thing about Murrells Inlet is that you have a great selection of seafood restaurants to choose from, but keep in mind that "best" is in the eye of the beholder. Our favorite, hands down, is Russell's. My wife usually avoids fried food, and she loves Russell's grilled choices. I rarely eat fried foods, but this restaurant is the exception because it is so lightly prepared. IMO, the best place around for fresh, well-prepared, reasonably priced seafood.

For a little more sophisticated dining with a great view, we usually end up at Divine's. Wide selection of excellent seafood. Fried is not featured but available. $20-25 range for most entrees.

A lot of folks like Lee's Inlet Kitchen. IMO, a number of years ago they were on my short list, but now they're riding their reputation too hard. Long lines and pricy for just so-so meals.

If you're down around Murrells Inlet at lunch time, be sure to check out Prosser's for real, down-home Southern food. It's a buffet featuring BBQ, fried chicken, a little seafood, a few other meat choices and a good selection of veggies. Your first clue will be a parking lot full of work trucks and Mercedes. They're busy but you'll move thru quickly. It's the real deal.

Enjoy!

Athens, Alabama
Level Contributor
3,853 posts
396 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: best seafood rest.,not fried food?

Sara J's in Garden City and Lee's Inlet Kitchen in Murrell's Inlet both offer a good selection of broiled seafood. Lee's is a must do for us on every trip.

3. Re: best seafood rest.,not fried food?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 January 2013, 10:15
Get answers to your questions about Murrells Inlet
Recent Conversations
More Murrells Inlet Topics