We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Roadside Seafood Vendor?

charlotte, nc
Level Contributor
3 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Roadside Seafood Vendor?

Camping at Huntington Beach SP. Want to pick up some seafood down there to grill at the park. Can anyone suggest a good vendor? I guess if I get stumped I could just go to the local grocery store but that just doesn't seem right, does it?

Pawleys Island SC
Destination Expert
for Pawleys Island, Murrells Inlet
Level Contributor
1,387 posts
138 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Roadside Seafood Vendor?

We buy almost all of our seafood from Independent Seafood in Georgetown, just off of Front Street. It's a little bit of a drive, but Georgetown is a neat little town and well worth a trip. If you don't want to drive that far, both Harrellson's and Murrells Inlet Seafood have good seafood selections. They're located on the road that goes by the MarshWalk and the Murrells Inlet restaurants. If you're looking just for shrimp, there's a guy who sells fresh shrimp out of his pick-up at the intersection of Hwy 17 and North Causeway in Pawleys Island, about 10 minutes South of Huntington. He's been in business there for years and has good head-on shrimp at a good price. Y'all have fun!

The Piggly Wiggly in Pawleys Island has a good selection of seafood, much of it local, but you'll pay a premium. I recommend checking out any of the above seafood markets first.

Edited: 01 August 2011, 12:53
2. Re: Roadside Seafood Vendor?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 October 2012, 14:16
Get answers to your questions about Murrells Inlet
Recent Conversations
More Murrells Inlet Topics