We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Heather Glen closing

Myrtle Beach, South...
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach
Level Contributor
2,728 posts
40 reviews
Save Topic
Heather Glen closing

This year will be your last chance to play Heather Glen Golf Club.It is scheduled to close in 2018 and homes will be built on the property.It has been a golfers favorite for years.

8 replies to this topic
Easley, South...
Level Contributor
869 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Heather Glen closing

Once the land is worth more than the revenue stream from golf its all over.Its even happening to a lesser extent in the upstate.

Morgantown, West...
Destination Expert
for Morgantown
Level Contributor
1,666 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Heather Glen closing

Sigh... and what if the new housing development fails? We get another abandoned golf course, another overgrown eyesore like Robber's Roost, Bay Tree, Deer Track, and Marsh Harbour. Sad.

Kentucky
Level Contributor
544 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Heather Glen closing

Deer Track has finally started a new housing addition this year. Wild Wing had three of the best tracks in Myrtle Beach and shut 2.5 of them down for a bunch of condos that were never built. Sad to see but it is a correction of some bad insight into what could be made. Golf is an expensive game and most people don't have the disposable income to play it at a high enough level to make it enjoyable. People that play golf for leisure is in a rapid decline. It just costs too much.

Edited: 20 July 2017, 16:11
Myrtle Beach, South...
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach
Level Contributor
2,728 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Heather Glen closing

Bay Tree has broke ground and cleared away a large tract of land.

Spartanburg, South...
Level Contributor
155 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Heather Glen closing

That sucks. I played Heather Glen with my dad just after it opened and loved the course. I still have the bag tag somewhere. I've wanted to go back but I tend to stay on the south end of the strand and it's a bit of a hike to get up there.

Myrtle Beach, South...
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach
Level Contributor
2,728 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Heather Glen closing

Wild Wing had 4 courses at one time.

Kentucky
Level Contributor
544 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Heather Glen closing

Yes. I think they kept the Avocet open and modified and shortened one of the other courses. Not sure, but I don't think the other nine they kept is played as part of a rotating 27 holes like they do at Arrowhead. Wild Wing had four unique layouts that really allowed you to just play those during your stay and not be bored with the type of golf you were playing. We used to buy three plays there every year and loved it. Was one of the better courses at the beach at one time.

Myrtle Beach, South...
1 post
Save Reply
8. Re: Heather Glen closing

when they get through with the Bay Tree development the Heather Glenn development the new addition to Mcloud (Seacoast hospital) and no new roads that should help increase the tils for the city cleaning up all the accidents caused by excessive traffic and towing fees and general congestion Is anyone running this place?

Reply to: Heather Glen closing
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted