We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Myrtle Beach during Spring Break: Golf

5 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Myrtle Beach during Spring Break: Golf

Greetings,

Planning to be there during Spring Break to golf. Any suggestions related to where to golf, restaurants, places to be or stay away from during March 12-18-2018? Thank you for any in-put.

9 replies to this topic
Myrtle Beach, South...
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach
Level Contributor
2,728 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Myrtle Beach during Spring Break: Golf

I can answer your golf questions but need to know a few things. Do you want to play the best courses which will run you more or are you looking for budget or mid range priced courses. What is your handicap.Do you want to mix up your travel distances or do you want all courses close to where you are staying.

Im not fond of the area South of 21stN. Breakers and Caribbean both run good golf packages.

Same goes for restaurants.NY Prime is one of the best but it will cost big bucks.

5 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Myrtle Beach during Spring Break: Golf

Thank you so much for your comments. My husband and I made reservations at the Staybridge Suites-west, 303 Fantasy Harbour. What is your opinion about this hotel?

My husband handicap is 14 and I play along with him. We are contemplating to play at the following courses:

Kings North, TPC, and Glen Dornoch. Your comments will be greatly appreciated.

Plano, Texas
Level Contributor
795 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Myrtle Beach during Spring Break: Golf

All 3 courses are above average courses and are also above average in difficulty. TPC and Kings North are usually top 10 courses in the area in most rankings. Its hard to narrow down to 3 courses but you certainly don't have any bad choices there.

Myrtle Beach, South...
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach
Level Contributor
2,728 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Myrtle Beach during Spring Break: Golf

I agree with ricknc61 about your course selection.Kings North in my top 5, TPC in my top 10 and Glen Dornach in my top 20. Staybridge Suites are right next to the site of a failed Hard Rock amusement park.Hotel availability and pricing should be very renter friendly in March.There are many better choices in my opinion. Hotels like Breakers, Beach Colony,Forest Dunes,Caribbean and Long Bay can all give you great ocean views .Some will include breakfast like the Caribbean which gives you a buffet at the Sea Captains House.

Myrtle Beach, South...
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach
Level Contributor
2,728 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Myrtle Beach during Spring Break: Golf

Kings North and TPC are part of the Primetimes golf group. If you drop Glen Dornach and add either Long Bay or Wild Wing from within the group it could possibly save you money. Phone the Primetimes and ask them for a price.

5 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Myrtle Beach during Spring Break: Golf

Thank you so much!!

Plano, Texas
Level Contributor
795 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Myrtle Beach during Spring Break: Golf

Tony makes a good point, and the latest reviews of Glen Dornoch are not very favorable these days. Long way to go to March but it is something to keep your eye on.

Kentucky
Level Contributor
544 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Myrtle Beach during Spring Break: Golf

Wild Wing is a solid layout and usually in good condition. Make sure you play the "right" tees, especially at TPC. Don't just read yardage books and pick a tee in MB. A lot of the courses don't tip out very long, but are difficult with Pine tree lined tee shots and lots of hazards. I played TPC and played close to the yardage I usually do at home, but moved up a box after 5 holes.

Fort Lauderdale...
Level Contributor
630 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Myrtle Beach during Spring Break: Golf

I was in the golf business in Myrtle Beach for years and these are my favorites to play:

Barefoot Courses

Caladonia

Dunes Club

Tidewater

Blackmoor

TPC

Reply to: Myrtle Beach during Spring Break: Golf
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted