We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Surfside rental questions

Lake in the Hills...
Level Contributor
49 posts
Save Topic
Surfside rental questions

Hello,

I will be returning to the area next summer with my extended family (12 of us) and considering renting a home in the Surfside area. We vacationed in North Myrtle Beach a couple of years ago, and drove all the way down to Pawley's Island, so I am fairly familiar with the area.

The rental I'm looking at is on 15th Ave South & South Dogwood Drive. I am wondering if this is a nice area to stay with a range of children ages 1-16? Is the beach a walkable distance (for an active family)? Are there restaurants/stores nearby within walking range?

Any advice or recommendations are welcome! If you have rented in this area before and have any recommendations of homes, that would be great too.

Thanks!

3 replies to this topic
Any Beach
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach, North Myrtle Beach, West Virginia
Level Contributor
11,407 posts
153 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Surfside rental questions

I am not familiar with that area, but I just went on Google Maps and typed in the street. It looks like it is a block from the beach with a public beach access at the end of the road. I don't see any restaurants or stores that would be walkable. Take a look....and click on 'satellite view" too. Zoom in.

Have you read reviews of the house? Some might mention how "walkable" it is.

Canton, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Ohio, Garden City Beach, Surfside Beach
Level Contributor
3,969 posts
284 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Surfside rental questions

The intersection of 15th Ave South & South Dogwood Drive is an easy 1 block walk to the beach. If you have kids, I would suggest a wagon to help bring things to the beach. (I have walked further than Dogwood with a wagon, a 1 year old, and a 3 year old without issue.)

Yes this is a nice area and very kid and family friendly. I typically stay on the north side of Surfside Beach, but I have run through this intersection on morning jogs.

I have also run the beach the full length of Surfside Beach... the south side is a little more crowded than the north side of the pier. Nothing like Myrtle Beach Proper, but there are more people.

There are a couple food options within walking distance:

Conch Cafe is 0.4 miles: https://goo.gl/maps/LYhkQMB7Lxp

The Surfside Pier (several restaurants on/around it) is 1.0 mile away: https://goo.gl/maps/pNVi8MkrS8S2

There are great restaurants within a short drive in Murrells Inlet.

Lancaster...
Level Contributor
4 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Surfside rental questions

Surfside is a better beach for families. The northern side of Surfside tends to be less crowded than the Garden City side

Reply to: Surfside rental questions
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted