We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Could you help me prioritize my list?

toronto
Level Contributor
1,133 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
Could you help me prioritize my list?

Need to give me list to Interval for 2nd week in October. Hoping that we will have a fairly good shot at getting our first choice at that time of the year. Could you list the following resorts in the order you think are best to worst? Also pls. advise if there are any BAD ones on my list! Would appreciate it as never been to MB before. We don't golf and won't have kids - just 4 adults. Thanks!

Marriott Ocean Watch

Shore Crest Vacation Villas

Dunes Village

Club Regency at Regency Towers (2511 S. Ocean Blvd.)

Ocean Club (1908 N. Ocean Blvd.)

charleston, wv
Level Contributor
2,972 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Could you help me prioritize my list?

The only one I know about from personal experience is Peppertree Ocean Club.

It is an older building. Wild guess I'd say 70's era. If I heard stories right it was a motel before a hurricane gutted it. Peppertree organization bought it and converted it into time-share condos.

It is clean and well maintained. Great staff. They try to offer programs for kids and outtings for adults. Not sure how well they work out. Lacks a lot of the ammenities the newer resorts have like lazy rivers and water parks. The fitness room isn't much better than what you might find in somebody's basement.

Would bet 90% of the posters on this board would never consider staying there. But.......It's our favorite place to stay.

Not too large. No matter what room you're in it's lass than two minutes to the pool. Even on a busy week it never seems too crowded. You see the same people everyday and by the end of the week you've made new friends.

Short walk through dunes to the beach. Not a lot of other large buildings nearby so beach isn't all that crowded. Short walk to groceries and several places to eat.

Myrtle Beach, South...
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach
Level Contributor
2,657 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Could you help me prioritize my list?

I own 2 weeks at Shorecrest 1 and although I now rent them out I always enjoyed my stays there.Very good location and you can walk to Olive Garden,Hamburger Joes and Joes Bar and Grill.Barefoot Landing is about 3/4 of a mile away as is Alligator Adventure.

I own a condo near Dunes Village and have visited there.It just opened within the last year so all units are brand new and should be still in great shape.This location is in the section of The Grand Strand I prefer over all others.Easy to get to all major roads from here.

Also took a tour of Marriot Ocean Watch.Like Shorecrest they are timeshare units and newer and a notch above but are also more costly.Really not within walking distance of anything.

NIAGARA FALLS,NY
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Could you help me prioritize my list?

Ocean creek resort north myrtle beach, NORTH TOWER CONDO is where you 4 need to stay---in my opinion there is no other option. ocean view and 57 acres of land to morning walk

Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
1,310 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Could you help me prioritize my list?

I also stay at Ocean Creek...

we went thru vrbo and stay in the south tower...

its a beautiful..resort...lots of pools..

beautiful landscaping..

5. Re: Could you help me prioritize my list?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 August 2009, 00:17
Get answers to your questions about Myrtle Beach
Recent Conversations