We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Just returned from NMB vacation

Which Myrtle Beach hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Columbus, Ohio
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Just returned from NMB vacation

We had an enjoyable time in North Myrtle Beach, rented a condo at Crescent Villa. It was amazing the number of Ohioans that were also vacationing there. The weather was beautiful the entire week last week. The ultimate goal was to relax, get lots of sun and spend time on the beach and in the pool...all of which was accomplished! We had dinner at Benjamin's on Hwy. 17, I don't know if that's the original Benjamin's that I read about in other comments on the forum, still, it was very over-priced for just "okay" food. We heard from a local about Crab Catchers in Little River, so we had dinner there on Thursday evening, meal was very good and prices much more affordable. Son-in-law picked up some takeout from Duffy's the last night we were in NMB, lots of food and was good from there as well. Did some shopping on Friday at Broadway at the Beach, I loved all the shops and variety of restaurants. All in all, we had a very relaxing, enjoyable vacation and are talking about returning again next year!

Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
1,310 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Just returned from NMB vacation

That sounds very relaxing...

I never heard of Duffy's... :)

I cant Wait for my turn

Morgantown, West...
Destination Expert
for Morgantown
Level Contributor
1,557 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Just returned from NMB vacation

Duffy Street Seafood Shack. Our family's favorite place in all of the Grand Strand:

http://www.duffystreetseafoodshack.com/

Watertown...
Level Contributor
69 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Just returned from NMB vacation

Duffy Street is our favorite. Very rustic, not fancy...just great food at a good price. Be sure to have the Corn/Crab Chowder. It is the best. There are 2 locations. We always go to the one in Cherry Grove.

Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
1,310 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Just returned from NMB vacation

Might have to check this out..thanks

charleston, wv
Level Contributor
2,961 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Just returned from NMB vacation

Duffy's has two locations. One on Main Street in Ocean Drive. Not off by itself. A store front maybe a block off the beach. I've never been to this location but from what I've read in reports it leans more towards your typical family atmosphere restaurant.

The other location is in Cherry Grove on Sea Mountain Highway. Took me a couple of trips just to find it because it didn't look like any restaurant I'd ever been to. Old two story beach house with tons of old nautical junk hanging off of it. A few tables inside. Most are outside on "patio" and more upstairs on the covered deck.

Very laid back. Blues playing on sound system.

Kid's meals at both locations are served on frisbees.

Hillsborough, North...
Level Contributor
75 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Just returned from NMB vacation

One other place you need to try in NMB is Hoskins (on Main Street in Ocean Drive). Its been ther forever and does really good basic seafood better than any others we have tried. We will go there mutiple nights vs. chancing a bad experience someplce new.

Cleveland, Ohio
11 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Just returned from NMB vacation

We used to stay at Cresent Villas about ten years ago, and really enjoyed it then! We used to laugh at all of the Ohio license plates in the parking lot! I even ran into my elementary school principal! Glad to hear you had a good time!

Hudson
Level Contributor
445 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Just returned from NMB vacation

Hoskins is excellent. My wife and I had dinner there twice last week.

Excellent seafood dinner and great value. They also have a great

Carolina Style pulled pork sandwich. For Italian. we like Luigi's

9. Re: Just returned from NMB vacation

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 September 2009, 04:16
Get answers to your questions about Myrtle Beach
Recent Conversations