We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

spending 3 weeks any ideas what to do for a laid back time?

ohio
Level Contributor
43 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
spending 3 weeks any ideas what to do for a laid back time?

My husband and I are coming down to myrtle toward the end of Aug we will be there for 3 weeks just for some rr and to celebrate our 25th we usualy go evey year but just for a week and with family.

I am trying to come up with something new to do while there.

Thought a trip to a pier we have not been to just for a walk cherry grove or apache or both. also would like a good shelling beach to maybe visit any suggeestions thought maybe a ride to sunset beach wil be staying around springmaid pier area in other suggestions while there.

Thanks

Amy

Bay City, Michigan
Level Contributor
172 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: spending 3 weeks any ideas what to do for a laid back time?

Wow - I'd love to have 3 weeks to wander around MB! I'm sure you'll have a great, relaxing trip no matter what you find to do. I haven't been, but have heard a lot of great things about the Brookgreen Gardens...have you been there yet? That seems like it would be a nice stroll for a quiet day.

Myrtle Beach, South...
Level Contributor
2,459 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: spending 3 weeks any ideas what to do for a laid back time?

Maybe rent bikes or kayaks for the day and check out Huntington Beach State Park...not far from where you are staying. There is a brand new bike path that wanders thru the park and then southward down into the Litchfield Beach area....you could either pack a lunch or stop at one of the many great little places for a bite to eat.

Kayaks can be rented right there in Murrells Inlet (as well as a pontoon boat or jet skiis). Its a great way to see the inlet in all its glory...and then maybe plan on having dinner there and enjoying the music and the sunset!

:)

sumter,sc
Level Contributor
263 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: spending 3 weeks any ideas what to do for a laid back time?

Wow! 3 weeks...

You can take me with you!!!! LOL!

Visit the Waccatee Zoo.

It's a great place! And really cheap and shaded!

4. Re: spending 3 weeks any ideas what to do for a laid back time?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 September 2009, 05:28