We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

California Opry or Comedy Cabana?

baltimore
5 posts
Save Topic
California Opry or Comedy Cabana?

Does anyone recommend going either of these places? What are the crowds here? Do you think they'r worth the money?

Rock Hill
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach
Level Contributor
2,077 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: California Opry or Comedy Cabana?

I aint never heard of Comedy Cabana but the Carolina Opry is well worth the money. I am ready to go back.

NC mountains
Level Contributor
755 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: California Opry or Comedy Cabana?

Crowds at Comedy Cabana are all ages. Comedy ranges from slap-stick to R-rated. It all depends on the performer. Drinks and 'bar food' (chicken fingers, nachos, some salads) are served during the performace. There is a 2-order minimum per person (drinks and/or food), but prices are reasonable. Some shows are smoke-free. We always have a grand time. Enjoy.

Myrtle Beach, South...
Level Contributor
2,410 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: California Opry or Comedy Cabana?

What exactly do you like? We love Carolina Opry and it does include comedy, but it is so much more and there is such variety. We also like the Carolina Opry's other show called Good Vibrations, its geared more toward certain period of time's music 60's-80's. Obviously Comedy Cabana is comedy. So if you do not like music and dancing that much, then C.C. but if you like all kinds of music, fantastic cloggers ALL THAT (been on tv several times) and the other dancers and musicians then I highly recommend the Opry. Its not just country music, far from it.

Myrtle Beach, South...
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach
Level Contributor
2,656 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: California Opry or Comedy Cabana?

California Oprey?? Hitting the hard stuff early I see.

Myrtle Beach, South...
Level Contributor
2,410 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: California Opry or Comedy Cabana?

Okay, I give-where do you see OprEy?

Myrtle Beach, South...
Level Contributor
2,410 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: California Opry or Comedy Cabana?

DUH! I see now CALIFORNIA?! Silly me, I was looking at the Oprey spelling. No drinking tonite TM, resting, can't do it every night, you got to take a break. So hard down here, just too much to see and do and you don't want to miss a thing

Myrtle Beach, South...
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach
Level Contributor
2,656 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: California Opry or Comedy Cabana?

Sometimes I get confused with Oprey Winfrey.

Calabash, North...
Level Contributor
332 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: California Opry or Comedy Cabana?

We haven't done Carolina Opry, but we did do Comedy Cabana. It's located in a small building just south of the Kroger Shopping center on restaurant row. Sometimes during the day you see Hummer limos and stretch limos there. We had fun the night we went. You pay a cover charge plus drinks. The comedians were good.

9. Re: California Opry or Comedy Cabana?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 September 2009, 23:19
Get answers to your questions about Myrtle Beach