We're in the early stages of planning our family vacation for next summer. Kids will be 6,6, 4 when we go. We're highly considering Myrtle Beach, and I have lots of questions:
1) Is the first week in June a good time to go, weather wise and crowd wise? We're not really crowd people and thought maybe early June would be less busy than July and August. What about weather? Is it really rainy then?
2) Are the cabins/villas at Myrtle State Park a good place to stay? We're looking for somewhat secluded, non-touristy place to stay. Really don't care for the big hotels or resorts. Can you wade into the water at the state park? We probably won't do any real "swimming" but I'm sure the kids would like to wade.
3) Any suggestions for things for us to do? Isn't there an amusement park or two near-by? We'll probably do that for a day for the kids's sake. We're also interested in anything scenic in the area,or historical sites. And my kids love animals--any neat zoos etc. near by?
4) We would consider doing a day trip to Charleston--or would the kids get bored there? Anything worth while doing for families there? State parks, etc?
5) Any other "must dos" in this part of South Carolina? We don't mind driving a bit (hour or two). Any neat islands nearby?