We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

weather in early October

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
421 posts
1 review
Save Topic
weather in early October

What is the weather in early October. I never was in South Carolina before and I want to go to the beach.

charleston, wv
Level Contributor
2,985 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: weather in early October

Upper 70's to low 80's.

Water temps could be iffy depending on where you're from. A Canadian might think it's a warm while somebody from Virginia would stay out of the water. Might look for place heated pool just to be on safe side.

Still hurricane season. That's just a gamble. Odds in your favor. We're going first week of Oct. Won't check weather til week before leaving. Even then if they predict rain it's seldom ever bad enough to lose sleep over.

Wooster, Ohio
Level Contributor
19 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: weather in early October

We love October. I thought the ocean temp was still REALLY warm. I'm not an ocean swimmer, but would have gladly taken a full plunge because it was really warm. You may have more cloudy days/rainy days, but it's fall. I wore shorts the entire time. I recall the breeze after getting out of the pools was what made me feel a chill, other than that it is great weather.

Myrtle Beach, South...
Level Contributor
144 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: weather in early October

Mario,

Pop was dead on. We are generally about 75-80 for the high during October. The ocean is still rather warm (usually still above 70) so swimming is still an option.

October is a great time to visit the beach as the summer humidity is gone but we still have the nice warm weather. Keep in mind that a few of the attractions and restaurants have limited operating hours during the "shoulder" season. However, October/November is prime golf season so we're still getting visitors.

Also, you may want to note that there is a fall bike rally the first week of October, it's not as busy as the spring rally, but still can get a bit loud and rowdy. If that's not your thing you may want to push it back a week.

Hope this helps!

Browns Summit,NC
Level Contributor
40 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: weather in early October

we've been going down the 2nd week in october for the last 3 years and love it! going again this year

5. Re: weather in early October

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 September 2009, 06:24
Get answers to your questions about Myrtle Beach