We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

North or South Myrtle beach

NY
1 post
Save Topic
North or South Myrtle beach

Wondering which part of Myrtle Beach is nicest? Hotel suggestions...

Thanks

Myrtle Beach, South...
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach
Level Contributor
2,657 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: North or South Myrtle beach

Area of Myrtle Beach between 52nd and 79th N is my choice.Quiet,surrounded by private homes and a great central location to everything. Five miles from Broadway at the Beach,8 miles from Barefoot Landing and 16 miles from Murrells Inlet.

Hotels in this area are Dunes Village,Beach Colony,Southwind, Forest Dunes,Long Bay, and Island Vista.

Maryland
Level Contributor
3,005 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: North or South Myrtle beach

Either section in my opinion.

* Now the North Myrtle Beach seems to be a little more spread out. Everything isn't all jumbled up.

*Myrtle Beach (not south Myrtle beach) is broken up into sections. The northern section is mostly residential with some very nice resorts. Very laid back. Not much to walk to in most parts but some parts yes (The Avenue's Section i.e. 66th 74th, etc.) Hotels in that area are:

-Grande Shores

-Marriott Grande Dunes

-Island Vista

-Dunes Village

-Ocean Creek Resort

Then there is the main strip area of Myrtle Beach. I would say the area within 1 mile North or South of Broadway at the Beach. This is my favorite section of all of them. You can walk to a lot of things. Everything we do is within a 2-5 minute drive. It's a little more congested than the avenues section but it's not horrible. Some hotels to look into in this area:

-Paradise Towers at the Breakers

-Camelot Resort

-Dayton House

-Roxanne Towers

-Long Bay Resort

Then there is the southern section of Myrtle Beach down where the old Pavilion was. It's not my favorite section but the further south of that area the better. Hotels:

-Compass Cove

That's the only one I have stayed in. Can't really recommend anything else.

Columbus, Ohio
Level Contributor
2,264 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: North or South Myrtle beach

Both north & south have decent hotels to choose from. But, I think north is a little nicer, overall. Just an opinion though. We've stayed at both ends & had a great time either way.

Saxonburg, PA
Level Contributor
755 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: North or South Myrtle beach

Personally I don't care for North Myrtle Beach. We have always enjoyed staying south of Myrtle, particularly Garden City Beach. The beaches are beautiful and not near as crowded as Myrtle Beach proper or even Surfside for that matter. The only thing is that you won't find many hotels or motels in the area. Garden City is mostly beach houses and condos. It's almost like having a private beach.

You are still within 15 minutes of all the action and restaurants including Murrells Inlet, Pawleys Island, Surfside and Myrtle Beach proper. 30 minutes (with traffic) to Broadway at the Beach, Restaurant Row etc.

No matter what your choice though you'll enjoy Myrtle Beach and all it has to offer.

Ron

Columbus, Ohio
Level Contributor
2,264 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: North or South Myrtle beach

Sorry, I misunderstood the question. I thought you meant the north or south END of Myrtle Beach proper. I really don't care for North Myrtle Beach.

The more I write the more confusing I sound, so I'll just say goodbye :)

Dublin, Virginia
Level Contributor
954 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: North or South Myrtle beach

North Myrtle Beach is actually very nice with the widest beaches on the grand strand. Barefoot Landing in NMB is one of the big attractions here with it's restaurants and shops. While there are lots of businesses up and down Hwy 17...Ocean Blvd in NMB is a much quieter and relaxing place than in Myrtle Beach, which seems to have this spring break thing going on with constant cruising and drunk people up and down the Blvd.

There are alot of beach houses and condos here. A hotel that I recommend is Ocean Drive Resort which is one of the nicer places I've stayed with lots of little shops and watering holes you can walk to.

7. Re: North or South Myrtle beach

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 September 2009, 10:18
Get answers to your questions about Myrtle Beach
Recent Conversations