We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Location of Compass Cove

Which Myrtle Beach hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Virginia
Level Contributor
62 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Location of Compass Cove

How far from the Family Kingdom is the Compass Cove Resort? Im now down to trying to decide between Compass Cove and Westgate for our next trip. Westgate, I know, I right in front of FK, but I dont know where Compass Cove is.

Maryland
Level Contributor
3,001 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Location of Compass Cove

It's not walkable. You will have to drive about 8 minutes or so I believe that's what it took us when we stayed there some years back. Compass Cove is at 23rd and ocean blvd. and family kingdom is at 3rd and ocean blvd. Compass Cove is located toward the southern end of the beach.

Myrtle Beach, South...
Level Contributor
2,410 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Location of Compass Cove

Westgate is the old Holiday Inn, they are doing some remodeling but it is located right next to a swash (drainage into the ocean, which does contain bacteria) So if you are planning in getting in the ocean I would not stay at Westgate. Compass Cove is further south maybe mile or so.

Virginia
Level Contributor
62 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Location of Compass Cove

Oh gosh ya know we stayed at Westgate this past August and I seen that swash you were talking about and it never occured to me about it being nasty. But after thinking about it, I guess you are right. Oh goosness, yuck!

Myrtle Beach, South...
Level Contributor
2,410 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Location of Compass Cove

I know people get mad at me for talking about it, but even MCConceirge agreed with me on that point. The swashes carry drainwater from the streets, and where ever into the ocean. They are bacteria filled and some say they have seen alligators in the swashes. I haven't but would not be surprised. NEVER EVER get in them and for sure don't let your children play in them.

georgia
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach
Level Contributor
2,322 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Location of Compass Cove

If you have been to Myrtle Beach in the past, Compass Cove used to be The Swamp Fox. They acquired more property, enlarged and remodeled.

Virginia
Level Contributor
62 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Location of Compass Cove

Compass Cove it is then. After actually thinking about the swash thing there is no way under the sun I could stay there now and not think im (or the rest of the family) is gonna catch some sort of deadly disease.

charleston, wv
Level Contributor
2,971 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Location of Compass Cove

Here we go again..............

Virginia
Level Contributor
62 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Location of Compass Cove

(pop2748) not being sarcastic or anything, but what are you talking about? Am I missing something that I should know? You have my curiosity up now.

charleston, wv
Level Contributor
2,971 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Location of Compass Cove

diznymom.....Sent you a message.......

Lowell, NC
Level Contributor
84 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Location of Compass Cove

I stayed at the Compass Cove this past summer and it was ok. In our group was 2 adults women and 4 kids ages 8-13. We spent most of our time on the beach and in the pools. The reason why I said it was ok is because I like the North end of Ocean Blvd in MB the best. The other was parking was tight and most of the time you couldn't find any on the hotel side so you would have to go to across the street. I didn't feel safe walking down the inside stairs on the parking deck across the road at night.

Now I am one of the believers of gators in the swash out. I have even heard many people tell me they have seen them in the wakes where the inlets dump into ocean. They are all in the inlets at Ocean Isles beach which is close to MB so I believe it when I hear it. I am more scared of gators than sharks. Crazy but I am because I have seen them just not as close the ocean as some people have seen them.