We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Airports close to MB

Level Contributor
385 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Airports close to MB

Besides the airport in MB, what is the closest airport? We are flying out of Dallas, Tx and the airfare to MB is almost $500 per person. Thought maybe a larger airport the airfare might be lower. Thanks

Canfield, Ohio
Level Contributor
679 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Airports close to MB

Have you tried Charleston or Columbia, SC? Maybe consider Wilmington, NC too. Myrtle Beach Direct maybe a cheaper way to go but not sure if they fly out of Dallas. Also, Airtran has good rates.

North Carolina
Level Contributor
2,864 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Airports close to MB

Charlotte is about 4 hours.

Columbia at least 3 hours.

Florence nearly 2 hours.

Wilmington 1 1/2 hours.

Charleston 2 1/2 hours.

Maine
Level Contributor
409 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Airports close to MB

Raleigh is about 4 hours. Most major airlines fly there.

Nashville, Tennessee
Level Contributor
157 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Airports close to MB

I've flown in to Wilmington, and it was about a 45-minute to an hour drive to North Myrtle Beach. If you're staying in North Myrtle Beach, this airport is a great option.

New Hartford, New...
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach
Level Contributor
2,108 posts
175 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Airports close to MB

I frequently use the Charlotte or Raleigh airport due to high ticket prices into Myrtle Beach. If you are already planning on renting a car this can be an option. I do prefer Raleigh as their airport is easier to get to and the traffic is not usually the nightmare that Charlotte can be. Much will depend upon what time of day you plan on arriving. Previous posters were accurate with the time it takes. I can make it to Raleigh in 3 1/2 hours but that is when the weather and traffic cooperate. Same is true for Charlotte.

Another option is Dallas to Newark and then Spirit Airlines into MB. Spirit often has super cheap seats if you book far enough in advance and are not traveling during a holiday break.

6. Re: Airports close to MB

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 September 2009, 21:17