We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kinda nervous and need some resort review help!

Belleville, Canada
Level Contributor
2,233 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
Kinda nervous and need some resort review help!

I have been to MB at least 15 times over the last 20 years, but only once during the last 6 years. My family (two daughters 18,20 yrs) along with my husband (who snores really bad) will be going to MB at the end of Feb to do some serious shopping. Last year, I took one of my daughters and we stayed at the Breakers Boutique. It was what I would call OK, but now I am looking for something different. I looked at the Captains Quarters and Tropical Winds online and then checked TA only to see absolute horror stories. I don't want to spend a fortune, but do need two rooms so that the girls will be able to sleep over my husbands trombone snorring..........

Any advise so that I can check online other good "central" resorts. We will not be swimming or needing any of the outdoor amenities as it will still be too cold for the beach. What I am really looking for is a nice, clean, "newer" room/suite, with ocean views (not of the street).

Thanks in advance for the help.

Vicki

charleston, wv
Level Contributor
2,971 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Kinda nervous and need some resort review help!

Have always heard good things about Dayton House. Not a big resort but clean and comfortable.

Myrtle Beach
1 post
Save Reply
2. Re: Kinda nervous and need some resort review help!

As real estate agents here in Myrtle Beach, we often recommend the Avista Resort to our clients. I am not sure where you want to be while you are here, but the Avista is on the north end. We have never stayed there personally, but our clients seem to like it.

Columbus, Ohio
Level Contributor
2,264 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Kinda nervous and need some resort review help!

I agree that Dayton House is a good choice but if you thought Breaker's was just "ok"...Dayton House probably wouldn't rate much higher. It is a very clean, well-kept property but just basic & dated.

The Caribbean has just gone through major renovation & is centrally located.

You didn't specify the date, but since you say it will be cold...you should be finding decent prices on suites.

I wouldn't choose either Captains Quarters or Tropical Winds.

georgia
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach
Level Contributor
2,334 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Kinda nervous and need some resort review help!

Look at Myrtle Beach Resort.com and see if that property meets your needs. Both of my units there are rented through April, but I can put you in touch with a group of owners who self rent and who take really good care of their units, and they can reply directly to you if interested.

Rock Hill
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach
Level Contributor
2,061 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Kinda nervous and need some resort review help!

Coral Beach is close to Captains Quaters and Tropical winds and is very nice. It has always been clean when we went. They have a bowwling alley, arcade, 10 pools restaurant, and some more things for kids and adults to do on site.

Belleville, Canada
Level Contributor
2,233 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Kinda nervous and need some resort review help!

Thank you everyone for your advise.......I will do a little more research on your suggestions. We will be arriving on the 26th of Feb for a little less than a week. Does anyone have an opinion on the "Roxanne"? I was told that might be an option as well.

Thanks again......Vicki

Calabash, North...
Level Contributor
332 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Kinda nervous and need some resort review help!

If I were you, I'd go to the MB chamber of commerce site and then to lodging. You can see room layouts for just about all the hotels. They have a link to all the hotels in Myrtle, N. Myrtle and maybe the southern part of MB.

Dublin, Virginia
Level Contributor
907 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Kinda nervous and need some resort review help!

I second Coral Beach.

new jersey
Level Contributor
79 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Kinda nervous and need some resort review help!

Beware the Coral Beach. I tried to check my family in there in 2006 and we simply couldn't stand the room. It was a DUMP!

There were no other rooms available. We left....

It's an old facility, very worn...Try another one!

Belleville, Canada
Level Contributor
2,233 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Kinda nervous and need some resort review help!

Thanks again everyone.........I think that I have narrowed it down to the Roxanne. All of the comments have been very positive on TA..it's very central to most of the outlet shopping and activities we want to attend, and most of all, the price is very good for the end of February. Because we won't be swimming or needing the beach, I think that it is a good safe bet.

Regards.....Vicki