We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help with Recommendations

Stuart, VA
3 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Help with Recommendations

I would really appreciate any help I can get with recommendations for a really nice place to stay. My husband's 60th birthday is January 17th and we are going to Myrtle Beach on Friday-Sunday. He has not been there in 30 yrs. (I have been a couple of times in the past 2 yrs.) I would really like to make this special for him. Thank you for your help!

Calabash, North...
Level Contributor
332 posts
129 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Help with Recommendations

LOL, this is the 4th time I am giving this advice. I think it's the best way to chose your hotel. Find the chamber of commerce site for Myrtle Beach. Any search engine should find it. Then go to lodging and then to central for Myrtle Beach. Each hotel has a site with pictures, pricing, room layouts, etc. Hope you like the hotel you chose. We like Carolina Winds on 76 N. Ocean Blvd. except last time we had problems with the maid. I think they fired her after our visit. Other guests on our floor complained too. We will give them another chance, but we will let them know we're doing that. One word about this hotel: the hallways are outside, so if it's raining, you might get wet walking to your room.

webster,new york
Level Contributor
122 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Help with Recommendations

here's a vote for Grande Shores which is on 77th ave north . condo on one of the higher floors is the way to go .

Columbia, South...
Level Contributor
35 posts
282 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Help with Recommendations

I have stayed at the Grand Shores which was mentioned before, its a nice place.

The Bay View Resort is a new resort. If you do a search for fares on the standard web sites you should be able to get good rates. I have stayed twice this fall and enjoyed it.

Actually at the time of year you are looking at in January Myrtle Beach is CHEAP CHEAP. I would suggest doing a search of the websites for good prices then compare the places you find to their reviews on Trip Advisor. You should be able to find a good hotel room on the beach for say $40 a night. And a one bedroom condo with kitchen would probably run $60 or less a night.- There are tons of places to consider in Myrtle Beach/Surfside Beach/North Myrtle Beach. I am sure you can find one at a great rate that gets good reviews here.

4. Re: Help with Recommendations

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 September 2009, 21:16