We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Condo for July 4th

Which Myrtle Beach hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Morristown...
Level Contributor
84 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Condo for July 4th

I haven't been to Myrtle beach but once in the last 15 years. We need a 3 BR/3 BA for 8-10 people. (Me, my husband, my parents (67 yr old), kids 23-17)

We would like the quieter side of Myrtle Beach for the 4th of July week! None of us drink, so not a big party place. I would also like a very nice pool area--we stay there more than the ocean, and I love ocean front---why go if you can't see the ocean!!!

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!! Also, if there is a place with some shade outside, or around the pool area---my parents love to be outside where they can enjoy the view, but in the shade!! Thanks!

Athens, GA
Level Contributor
154 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Condo for July 4th

I suggest checking www.vrbo.com and when you have a few condos you might be interested in come back to check with others for their feedback.

It will be quieter in North MB, Surfside, or Garden City Beach than it is in MB.

Good luck!

Dublin, Virginia
Level Contributor
839 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Condo for July 4th

Bay Watch in North Myrtle is probably where I'd stay if I was renting a condo again. But there are alot of other good choices depending on where you want to be.

I would browse the websites of some of the real estate agencies down there specializing in vacation rentals such as Barefoot Vacations, Elliott Realty, White Realty, Condo-World, Surfside Realty, Dunes Realty. Most of the sites have picture tours of the properties and the inside of the condo unit itself. I would start with the MB Chamber of Commerce site or just do some Googling.

NC
Level Contributor
1,197 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Condo for July 4th

It will all be packed. A beach house would be the quietest. For condos, I'd suggest North Myrtle Beach and Crescent Shores, Mar Vista Grande, Tilghman Resort,

Ashworth or Wyndham Ocean Boulevard. These are all large condo complexes and they will be packed too. Shore Cresct Villas has some shaded area between the pool and the beach. Some place has pool and or lazy river partly in the buildings.

Check VRBO.com, Grand Strand Resorts, Elliott Realty, Century 21 Thomas and Grand Strand Vacations.

North Carolina
Level Contributor
2,739 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Condo for July 4th

July 4th week is the busiest of the year. Go as far north in Cherry Grove section of NMB or Garden City/Surfside. It will be hot and crowded everywhere, but areas I mentioned will probably be more up your alley than Myrtle Beach.

Canfield, Ohio
Level Contributor
669 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Condo for July 4th

I agree with NCGator and we have rented a condo at the Beach Cove using Grand Strand Resorts. They were very good to deal with.

Calabash, North...
Level Contributor
330 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Condo for July 4th

The area around 6800-7700 N. Ocean Blvd. is a quiet section. We've stayed at Long Bay Resort, Monterey Bay, and Carolina winds. Monterey's parking garage is way too tight. Long Bay is ok if you stay in a 3 BR condo, but anything smaller isn't nearly as nice. Carolina Winds is our favorite hotel, but last June they had problems with our maid coming on a daily basis. I think she got fired. We may try them again, with the understanding that we're giving them another chance. Ocean Reef is one we considered, but Carolina Winds gave us a slightly better price. Grande Shores is always booked early. By the time we decided on a date, they were booked.

georgia
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach
Level Contributor
2,285 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Condo for July 4th

A possible solution might be looking at one of the villas that has been built in the campgrounds like Ocean Lakes or Lakewood. They would be one of the few areas that would have some trees for shade even near the pools. Wherever you go that week it will be excessively crowded, beach, restaurants, highways.

cougar
Level Contributor
97 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Condo for July 4th

we always go to MB for the 4th it isn't as bad as some make it to be..The beach will be more crowded, but it isn't the wild party scene that you think with Spring Break...Cops patrol all day and night, alcohol isn't allowed on the beach although some do hide it...I would reccomend Compass Cove, Schooner. I would check with vrbo.com..I was just looking there myself and there are plenty rentals for that time perios...There will be great fireworks on the beach for the 4th...We always buy some and set them off, the police allow it on the beach that night and only that night...

Calabash, North...
Level Contributor
330 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Condo for July 4th

We've stayed in MB twice in recent years during the week of July 4th. What we found is that a big hotel such as Landmark, where we stayed, was loaded with people. Take a hotel with almost 500 rooms and you're talking at least 1,000 people (maybe more) who are using the pools, the elevators, the parking lot. We decided from that time on that we didn't want a large hotel any time we go to MB. We did Carolina Winds for the second time we were in MB during July 4th week and it was much quieter because it was smaller.

charleston, wv
Level Contributor
2,954 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Condo for July 4th

northmyrtlebeachtravel.com/book/query.html

www.century21thomas.com/book/query.html

grandstrandvacations.com/book/query.html

www.myrtlebeachskytour.com/2006/swf/p4_14.htm

Different strokes for different folks. Some people swear by going that week every year. Others swear they'll never go back that week.

Even in a quiet section you'll have longer than usual lines at restuarants and grocery stores around the 4th.

I would search the smaller places. Maybe even consider a house or duplex with a pool. The larger resort complexes are crowded throughout the summer season. No matter how long the ammenty list is, the waits for elevators, pool chairs and parking hassles can spoil an enjoyable trip.