We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

9 month old child? What activities can we do?

Burlington, NC
1 post
Save Topic
9 month old child? What activities can we do?

I am traveling to Myrtle Beach next month with my husband and 9-month old daughter. I know there are a lot of clubs, shows, etc. but i was wondering if anyone could suggest somethings we could do to include our daughter, like family friendly activities.

Nashville, Tennessee
Level Contributor
157 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 9 month old child? What activities can we do?

Some of the shows are family friendly - the Dixie Stampede and the Medieval Dinner Theater. My guess would be that she would be free (???) to go, but she might enjoy watching the horses and things. Other than that, I don't know! Sorry - I don't have much experience with little ones quite so little in Myrtle Beach! :)

New Hartford, New...
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach
Level Contributor
2,067 posts
161 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 9 month old child? What activities can we do?

Myrtle Beach is VERY family friendly! Ripley's Aquarium at Broadway at the Beach will be fun for all of you. also, on nice days take a short ride to Murrell's Inlet and walk through Brookgreen Garden's. You'll love it and so will she. Alligator Adventure should be reopened by then. You will also enjoy strolling her around Barefoot Landing and also Broadway at the Beach. Take a short drive to Calabash and go to Callahan's. She'll love all the Christmas decorations they sell year round. Then go across the street and have an ice cream at Calabash Creamery. The owners Greg and Kristi have 3 little ones and their place is geared toward families.

If you get nice weather you'll enjoy taking her to the beach. The water will be too cold to go in but you two can still play in the sand.

Have fun!

georgia
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach
Level Contributor
2,353 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 9 month old child? What activities can we do?

There are a couple of FRIENDLYS restaurants geared toward familys with children, but really at 9 months only bright colors and motion and sound are going to be very attention grabbing. We traveled with our children, but I only really remember that the vacations around 18 months seemed to mean much to them. They both could swim at 18 months, jump off the diving board and swim to the side. A lot of folks started to jump in after them.

Dublin, Virginia
Level Contributor
937 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 9 month old child? What activities can we do?

Build a Bear Workshop is a child oriented activity that might be something your daughter would like. She's a bit young to participate much but what child doesn't enjoy stuffed animals.

There's a children's museum in Myrtle Beach that from what I understand offers interactive exhibits for kids of all ages..even the tiny ones. I haven't been there though.

And there's always the Waccatee Zoo. My husband and I enjoyed it when we went this past summer. They have animals of all kinds including petting zoo type animals that you can feed. Even the little kids in strollers were holding their hands out and feeding the animals.

Calabash, North...
Level Contributor
332 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 9 month old child? What activities can we do?

The indoor pool at your hotel is probably going to be a hit for her. Also, make sure you have proper clothing for her, but there is a great playground around 1300 N. King's Hwy. It's across from the K Mart shopping center (with Olive Garden in it). The park is called Chapin Park. Besides normal playground items, I believe they still have the swinging benches. You, your hubby and daughter can sit and swing. Those are located in the area where the walkways and garden is.

6. Re: 9 month old child? What activities can we do?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 September 2009, 08:20