We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Souvenir shops What's on N Ocean?

Ohio
Level Contributor
171 posts
Save Topic
Souvenir shops What's on N Ocean?

Trying to get a mental picture of N Ocean What is on the opposite/inland side of the street? We are staying at Caribbean. Are there endless rows of beach shops and things like in VA beach, or what? Looking at one pic I saw, looked like mostly parking garages.

Cammie

charleston, wv
Level Contributor
2,971 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Souvenir shops What's on N Ocean?

www.myrtlebeachskytour.com/2006/swf/p3_17.htm

Dublin, Virginia
Level Contributor
907 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Souvenir shops What's on N Ocean?

It's mostly just other hotels.

Ohio
Level Contributor
171 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Souvenir shops What's on N Ocean?

Thanks Pop and Kitten

Pawleys Island...
Level Contributor
164 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Souvenir shops What's on N Ocean?

True place u are at is mostly hotels.

Columbus, Ohio
Level Contributor
2,264 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Souvenir shops What's on N Ocean?

Have stayed at the Caribbean several times...it is my favorite as far as hotels go.

You are right -- the other side of the street is mostly parking garages, parking lots, and some other hotels/motels. But, that is the case with most of Ocean Blvd. North of the Caribbean is a mostly residential area.

There are a few beach shops within walking distance, just a block or so out at the main highway. There are also several restaurants within walking distance of the Caribbean, on the blocks between Ocean Blvd. & the highway.

Ohio
Level Contributor
171 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Souvenir shops What's on N Ocean?

Thanks soprano I'm glad to know that. Strange as it is, we like those little beachy junk shops! LOL I'm also glad to know about the other restaurants, I mapquested the restaurants in the area but they don't give you all of them, just the chains I think.

Cammie

charleston, wv
Level Contributor
2,971 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Souvenir shops What's on N Ocean?

http://www.myrtlebeachscrestaurants.com/

8. Re: Souvenir shops What's on N Ocean?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 September 2009, 04:19