We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help me choose :)

Ontario
Level Contributor
106 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Help me choose :)

Ok, so I have a few hotels in mind. I just need help from people who have been there.

-Compass Cove

-Beach Colony

-Sandy Beach Resort

-Carolina Winds

-Crown Reef

-South Winds

Compass Cove looks like it has the best outdoor pools and such, but they are a couple hundred more than the rest of the hotels.

What would you recommed? Thanks

Mentioned in this post
Beach Colony Resort
Beach Colony Resort
2,224 Reviews
Myrtle Beach, SC
Sandy Beach Resort
Sandy Beach Resort
1,670 Reviews
Myrtle Beach, SC
Crown Reef Beach Resort and Waterpark
Crown Reef Beach Resort...
1,885 Reviews
Myrtle Beach, SC
NC
Level Contributor
4,306 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Help me choose :)

South Winds

Canfield, Ohio
Level Contributor
678 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Help me choose :)

I've been to both Crown Reef and Compass Cove. We liked them both but giving an edge to Crown Reef here.

Mentioned in this post
1,885 Reviews
Myrtle Beach, SC
Myrtle Beach, South...
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach
Level Contributor
2,702 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Help me choose :)

Southwind is the newest of the group and is in a great central location.Being new lowers the odds of you getting a run down unit.Go to www.funbeaches.com and click on "sky tour". Then select Myrtle Beach and 52nd ave North to see the area.The picture is a few years old so don't let the construction nearby scare you off,its all completed.

Mentioned in this post
Myrtle Beach
Myrtle Beach
Coastal South Carolina, SC
Ontario
Level Contributor
106 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Help me choose :)

I called SouthWind and they want $2750.58 for 7 nights!!! WOW!

Calabash, North...
Level Contributor
332 posts
132 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Help me choose :)

Carolina Winds is almost always the cheapest. Check the rates on all of them. The only thing I didn't like about this place is that the walkways from the elevators to the rooms are outside. There isn't a parking garage, instead you have several parking areas. The 3 BR and angle oceanfront rooms are in one building and the 2 BR condos are in a separate one. The main pool and whirlpool is in the main building area while the lazy river is in front of the 2 BR condo building.

Mentioned in this post
Carolina Winds
Carolina Winds
710 Reviews
Myrtle Beach, SC
Maryland
Level Contributor
3,005 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Help me choose :)

I like Compass Cove but the location isn't the greatest. I haven't stayed at any of the other ones. The rooms have recently been upgraded and their pools are really nice.

North Carolina
Level Contributor
48 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Help me choose :)

My boyfriend and I stayed at Crown Reef this past September, we LOVED it. Super clean, LCD flat screens in rooms, huge pools, plenty of room :)

Mentioned in this post
1,885 Reviews
Myrtle Beach, SC
Any Beach
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach, North Myrtle Beach, West Virginia
Level Contributor
10,584 posts
147 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Help me choose :)

Carolina WInds location is the best, IMO...northern end of MB...not as crowded...residential neighborhood to walk or jog in. Stores and resturants very close. Good rates too.

We have only stayed in the 3 bed.ocean-front condo ...the walk to the elevator was enclosed...not open to the outside.

Mentioned in this post
Carolina Winds
Carolina Winds
710 Reviews
Myrtle Beach, SC
Connecticut
Level Contributor
33 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Help me choose :)

We have been to COmpass Cove 5 times and love it there. We stay in the Mariner Bldg. 3 bedroom O/F condo.

10. Re: Help me choose :)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 September 2009, 09:19