We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ocean Forest Villas Myrtle Beach

Which Myrtle Beach hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
north lima ohio
5 posts
Save Topic
Ocean Forest Villas Myrtle Beach

We are traveling to Myrtle Beach March. I booked a unit at Ocean Forest Villas part of the Sands Resorts, with fairly good reviews at the time. Now the reviews are aweful. Has anyone stayed there recently that could give me helpful information. We are used to Hilton Head quality and I'm afraid we will be dissappointed.

Thanks for any info!

cin4

Columbus, Ohio
Level Contributor
2,264 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ocean Forest Villas Myrtle Beach

I stayed at one of the Sands properties a few years ago & I would definitely NOT recommened it.

The next year we checked into another of their properties (thinking it would be better) & it was even worse! We got our money back & left immediately.

north lima ohio
5 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Ocean Forest Villas Myrtle Beach

Thanks for your input on The Sands resorts. I guess I should look for another resort. Any suggestions? I will be traveling with my 12 year old daughter and my mother who is handicapped. We would like a kitchen and 2 bedroom unit. I haven't been to Myrtle Beach in years so I am not familiar with the area at all. Thanks! cin4

Myrtle Beach, South...
Level Contributor
2,410 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Ocean Forest Villas Myrtle Beach

Okay Ocean Forest Villas are in a great location, they are older 3 story buildings, probably at least 20+yrs old. Some units have been updated, many have not. They are across the street from the beach, but there is nothing built on oceanside except some small beach cabanas and excersie trail. Majority do not have laundries in the unit, on 2nd floor each building and no elevators. I believe they have 2 outdoor pools, okay size. Some units have quite old furnishings and have not been remodeled at all!

Myrtle Beach, South...
Level Contributor
2,410 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Ocean Forest Villas Myrtle Beach

Sorry, what floor are you on? Even the first floor units require a few stairs to enter. Try Dunes Village, Beach Colony, Carribean, newer resorts with all the bells and whistle and elevators!

north lima ohio
5 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Ocean Forest Villas Myrtle Beach

Thanks for the suggestions!! I don't think the resort specified a unit or floor when I booked. We just recently included Mom in the trip...I'm going to take your advise and book elsewhere. Thanks again!!

6. Re: Ocean Forest Villas Myrtle Beach

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 September 2009, 21:19