We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Catering for 70 in LIttle River_May 2008

Atlanta, GA
Level Contributor
1 post
4 reviews
Save Topic
Catering for 70 in LIttle River_May 2008

My rehearsal dinner plans just fell through! I plan to rent a large boat to take everyone out on the waterway to the ocean and back. This is still available. Problem, I wanted everyone to return to low-country boil,etc back in Little River. This fell through.

I now need a caterer or someone to help with preparing and serving the meal. I also need a place to host this meal - ? tables / tents near the pier where the boat docks (any of the 3 Little River Harbors) or a nearby restaurant that will accommodate only us from 8:00 - 12 Midnight. I want to be near the water.

Also, music ideas anyone?? Many thanks!

New Hartford, New...
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach
Level Contributor
2,067 posts
161 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Catering for 70 in LIttle River_May 2008

So sorry for you rehearsal dinner problems! Our eldest son was married in Myrtle Beach in August. We found a fabulous caterer for the rehearsal dinner~Kim Hardee. I host lots of parties where we live in Central New York and I was thrilled with Kim's creations. She was such a pleasure to work with. Her email is

hardeeappetite@aol.com

She may also have suggestions on where to have your dinner as she is a local.

We had our own sound system for the rehearsal dinner. I made an IPod mix and we had exactly what we wanted. And to add to the entertainment my middle son's wife and I customized 2 songs for the bride and groom to be. My middle son's wife is a vocalist so she sang them. It was so sweet and funny too!

For the actual reception we used a local DJ~Jeff Benton

www.wedj.com/wedjcom.nsf/moreInfo…

He was wonderful! Great personality and he'll customize your music anyway you want.

I did find this information about live music:

http://www.rockyroadproductions.com/

I am not familiar with them but you could contact them and ask questions?

Kim and Jeff are total professionals. I would highly recommend them. My only regret is that Kim lives too far from my NY home to have her cater my parties here!

p.s. It's times like this that we are all reminded of how much we miss MB Concierge. She would have had lots of suggestions.

Rock Hill
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach
Level Contributor
2,074 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Catering for 70 in LIttle River_May 2008

Where is hart when you actualy need her? ;) She may be abl to help you with this question since she lives in Little River

webster,new york
Level Contributor
122 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Catering for 70 in LIttle River_May 2008

why don't you try the North Myrtle Beach Chamber of Commerce . i'm sure they would direct you where to look .

Myrtle Beach, South...
Level Contributor
2,410 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Catering for 70 in LIttle River_May 2008

Sorry here I am, you know when you work 50+hrs week, less time to chat. Try Umbertos at Coquina Harbor. Great Restaurant and they cater, or TRY FILETS at the Little River Swing Bridge, However, I am not sure you can find anywhere to only accomodate you, Filets can close off their restaurant, for private parties but there is a price. Be sure if you do it outdoors every guest will need their own can of bug spray! I am serious about the bugs!

Remember 2 bike weeks in May, you might need to consider that in your logistics. What boat are you using?

5. Re: Catering for 70 in LIttle River_May 2008

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 September 2009, 13:20