We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Anyone recently stayed at the Myrtle Beach Resort?

Woodstock Ontario.
Level Contributor
21 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Anyone recently stayed at the Myrtle Beach Resort?

I have reservations for the 1st week of May and have never been to Myrtle Beach before. It looks like an awesome spot and the beach regeneration should be well past there by then shouldn't it ???

Mentioned in this post
Myrtle Beach
Myrtle Beach
Coastal South Carolina, SC
Myrtle Beach, SC
Level Contributor
100 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Anyone recently stayed at the Myrtle Beach Resort?

Beach renourishment is in the area of the MB Resort right now. I know people that do the winter rentals there. It has an outside club, tennis courts, jaccusi, etc..

If you are in the renaissance tower there you are direct ocean front. You can come out on the balcony and look toward the beach. You are also looking at 2 campgrounds. 1 on each side of the resort property.

georgia
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach
Level Contributor
2,398 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Anyone recently stayed at the Myrtle Beach Resort?

We have been going to MBR for 10 years and own 2 condos there. I will be glad to answer any question that I can for you.

Woodstock Ontario.
Level Contributor
21 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Anyone recently stayed at the Myrtle Beach Resort?

Will the beach dance cabana be open the 1st week of May? Same for the lazy river.... we are staying in A248 and are looking forward to our 1st time in Myrtle Beach.

Mentioned in this post
Myrtle Beach
Myrtle Beach
Raleigh, North...
Level Contributor
192 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Anyone recently stayed at the Myrtle Beach Resort?

The beachfront bar may be open on a limited weekend schedule, but I don't know about the lazy river, as it can still be a bit chilly first of May. That part of town (closer to Surfside than downtown Myrtle Beach) shouldn't be too crowed or have too much traffic during your stay. Enjoy your trip.

Mentioned in this post
Myrtle Beach
Myrtle Beach
Dublin, Virginia
Level Contributor
1,013 posts
124 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Anyone recently stayed at the Myrtle Beach Resort?

That beach front bar is called Nassau Ned's...we walk over there a lot from Ocean Lakes next door...you might be able to google it or something and get the operating hours.

Mentioned in this post
Nassau
Nassau
New Providence Island
georgia
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach
Level Contributor
2,398 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Anyone recently stayed at the Myrtle Beach Resort?

I am sure that the Lazy River will be open in May. It has been open for homeowner meetings at the end of March, and is heated. Homeowner meeting this year has been moved to April this year due to Easter coming very early, on the normal weekend for homeowner meetings. To the best of my knowledge, the renourishment project should be through there at the end of this month.

Raleigh, North...
Level Contributor
192 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Anyone recently stayed at the Myrtle Beach Resort?

Nassau Ned's... anybody else remember when it was the Crazy Pelican back in the day? Oh, to be young again in 1999...

Mentioned in this post
Nassau
Nassau
New Providence Island
Woodstock Ontario.
Level Contributor
21 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Anyone recently stayed at the Myrtle Beach Resort?

Thank you for your replies!!

9. Re: Anyone recently stayed at the Myrtle Beach Resort?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 September 2009, 01:19