We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

family with 8yr & 14 yr looking for great hotel

fulton, ny
Level Contributor
19 posts
55 reviews
Save Topic
family with 8yr & 14 yr looking for great hotel

my family of 4 including 8yr and 14 yr old boys coming to mb april 13 for 1 week, looking for a very clean hotel on the beach with great pools..... already made reservations at compass cove resort in the oceanfront suite in the pennicle tower but a little scared after reading some reviews. please help, we have stayed at holiday inn sea creast and captians quarters in the last 5 years and not happy with ever.....

Myrtle Beach, South...
Level Contributor
2,410 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: family with 8yr & 14 yr looking for great hotel

Camelot, Breakers, Island Vista, Carribean, Dunes Village, Beach Colony all offer indoor pools, etc. Camelot and Breakers are closest to the "strip" but none of the resorts is far from anything. You would most likely be driving anyway.

You can always stay in North Myrtle Beach, try Grand Strand Resorts a property mgt co. in NMB 800-367-6515 or www.northmyrtlebeach.com. They offer many different resort options.

Michigan
Level Contributor
5 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: family with 8yr & 14 yr looking for great hotel

Stayed at www.boardwalkresort.com July '07

Nice room so-so indoor pool. Outdoor pools and a 'snake river'. Ocean front - so big draw is the BIG pool with nicely-groomed sand.

Michigan
Level Contributor
1,028 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: family with 8yr & 14 yr looking for great hotel

We have stayed at Breakers a few times and have always been happy, we always stayed in the Paradise Tower, I think that is the newest of their properties. I stayed at Compass Cove years ago and did not like it, and would never go back. I have also stayed at the Landmark, they have great pools but that's about it.

Mason, Ohio
Level Contributor
2,364 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: family with 8yr & 14 yr looking for great hotel

Compass cove is fine. We like Long Bay also.

Rock Hill
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach
Level Contributor
2,081 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: family with 8yr & 14 yr looking for great hotel

Compass Cove is nice and I like the location. I like Coral Beach the best out of any hotels in MB. They have many things for the kids to do. They have an arcade, bowling alley, 10 pools, kids jungle gym, and some more things. It have always been nice and clean every time we have stayed there.

Dublin, Virginia
Level Contributor
961 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: family with 8yr & 14 yr looking for great hotel

I do not recommend The Boardwalk at all...stayed there a few years ago and it was one of the worst places we've ever stayed. Just my experience of course.

Haven't stayed at Compass Cove since it was called The Swamp Fox back in the 70's-80's so I have no idea what it's like these days.

I second Coral Beach or the Breakers...both are nice hotels that the kids will like. The Breakers is a better location to me though.

Lewis Center, Ohio
Level Contributor
91 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: family with 8yr & 14 yr looking for great hotel

I have and 8 year old and a 15 year old and we go to Caribbean Resort and Villas every year. Spectacular views, not too crowded, two large pools and a lazy river.

fulton, ny
Level Contributor
19 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: family with 8yr & 14 yr looking for great hotel

thanks for the help... but has any one stayed there with the last 1 yr.... your info would be great

Surfside Beach
14 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: family with 8yr & 14 yr looking for great hotel

So You Know Who Is Providing Information Or An Opinion: I am the Executive Vice President of Seaside Rentals Premier Vacation Homes located in Surfside Beach SC.

With the above stated "I am sure you can understand I can not help you choose a place to stay" but as one reply mentioned "Beach Colony" I thought it might be "ok" this time.

My family visited the greater Myrtle Beach Grand Strand for 13 years prior to moving here. At times we would come 3 times a year! With every where we stay our family decided "Beach Colony" was the only place we would stay & once experienced we returned there year after year.

Again, I can not really share more do to my profession but should you have any area questions I certainly offer my assistance.

May I wish you and your family an incredible stay with memories that last a life time!

Sincerely, Lynne

fulton, ny
Level Contributor
19 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: family with 8yr & 14 yr looking for great hotel

can i please get some help from some one other than people trying to advertise........

Get answers to your questions about Myrtle Beach