We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Suggestions for Surfside

Asheville, North...
Level Contributor
80 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Suggestions for Surfside

Any suggestions for a nice place to stay in Surfside the last week of June? There's going to be 5 adults, a three year old and a sixteen year old.Thanks

New york
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Suggestions for Surfside

Hi, I'm an eighteen year old female whose family has gone to surfside beach since I was in sixth grade. We always stayed at the Sea Cloisters I , there is a Sea Cloisters II down the street also. Mostly in Surfside beach there are condos and homes to rent, not hotels although there very few. The Condo we rented has three bedrooms, a pull out couch, furnished living room, full kitchen ( stove, dishwasher, fridge, ice maker, ect.) It also had a back porch, and more likely than not have a balcony if you are on the second of third floor. When you stepped off of the screened porch you were literally on the sand, on the beach. The beach is private to the condos, and the are surrounding is off limits to the public. My dad is a firefighter and went down with families from the firehouse. Not only have they been going for years, but they never complained. Everything was always clean, available and we never have had any trouble. The rooms are decorated with great decor, and all modern. They have washer and dryers in the room, with irons and ironing boards. I have a little brother ( 12) and sister (14) and when we were visiting my mother never felt as if she needed to know our exact location at every moment. Its a safe environment and we never felt threatened. Your away from the noise and spring breakers in Myrtle beach, but your a ten minute drive away. There are usually no young teenagers by themselves because they usually can't afford it. Down the beach there is a pier you can walk on and look out into the ocean and there are two resturants my sister and i often walked down to. ( Latitude 22 and River city cafe) Latitude 22 is more of a casual adult pub and River city cafe is a fun, place for kids. They have peanuts of the table and all over the floor. Its just a fun place to grab a burger when your on the beach. Its very relaxed and fun. Across from there is an ice cream shop and a small store thats sells sunscreen towels, henna tattoos, etc. Before getting there you drive about 400 yds. down the road to the Main office, get your key, and your on your way. I'm pretty sure you get two keys at no extra charge and more are available.

hope this helps!! If you need any thing else answered just post it up there!!

Asheville, North...
Level Contributor
80 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Suggestions for Surfside

Thanks for your help

Gretna, Virginia
Level Contributor
230 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Suggestions for Surfside

If you are looking for a chain hotel, the Holiday Inn Sunspree in Surfside is very nice. I want to call them and ask what kind of mattresses they use because I have never slept more comfortably in my life! The room was very nice and clean. The restaurant in the hotel is good, mid-priced about 20 to 25 dollars for an entree, but decent. They also have a bar, poolside tiki bar, and ice cream shop. We enjoyed our 2 night stay. Surfside is much more quiet than the main drag of Myrtle. The oceanfront balconies are not private however, if that is a concern. While standing on the balcony, you can see down the entire row of balconies on your floor, but it never bothered us for our stay in March.

Dublin, Virginia
Level Contributor
909 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Suggestions for Surfside

Ocean Lakes has tons of houses and different type units they rent out. If you rent there you also can bring your own or rent a golf cart to drive around in and you can use the Ocean Lakes facilities like the pool, arcade, laundromat, store, restaurant, giant water slide, etc.

Columbus, Ohio
Level Contributor
2,264 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Suggestions for Surfside

The young lady above said it all, very nicely! We found a great condo in Surfside through vrbo.com. It was in a small complex called Shores of Surfside. I really didn't see any bad areas at all. Loved it.

Asheville, North...
Level Contributor
80 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Suggestions for Surfside

Thanks everyone for your help.

Charlotte, NC
Level Contributor
506 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Suggestions for Surfside

check out Seaside Rentals at seasiderentalsonline.com, they only rent "premier" properties and all their homes and condos are very nice. Others to check are gardencityrealty.com and Surfside Realty. Better hurry, that's a popular week.

Maine
Level Contributor
409 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Suggestions for Surfside

Ditto the recommendation of seasiderentalsonline.com. We switched to using them a couple of years back and have been impressed with their service and their selection of houses and condos.

9. Re: Suggestions for Surfside

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 August 2009, 16:18