We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Heated pools in the summer

Hunt Valley
Level Contributor
41 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Heated pools in the summer

I have spent much time and effort, but still have not managed to find a hotel/resort that advertises heated indoor and/or outdoor pools. I will be there during the last two weeks of June, and most resorts stop heating pools for the summer. I absolutely detest cold pools, and unfortunately one of my kids is the same way. Can anyone help?

Maryland
Level Contributor
3,001 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Heated pools in the summer

Well I don't know if this helps but at the hotels we've stayed in in MB, the pools were not that cold at all. They are the earlier you go in the morning.

Try:

-Compass Cove

-Paradise Towers at the Breakers

-Dunes Village

-Island Vista

-Caribbean

-Camelot

-Grande Shores

-

Also what helps too is if you get in the Hot Tub/Whirlpool for a few minutes then jump in the pool, it won't seem as cold that way.

Wake Forest, NC
Level Contributor
915 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Heated pools in the summer

Trust me you will have nothing to worry about. The pools will be plenty warm, inside or out.

Hunt Valley
Level Contributor
41 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Heated pools in the summer

Thanks, but I have stayed at the Caravelle and Ocean Forest Plaza in prior years and the pools were not always warm enough. The Ocean Forest Plaza would heat the indoor pool, but not consistenty.

Indianapolis...
Level Contributor
373 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Heated pools in the summer

I have stayed at Carolina Winds the first week of June the last two years and their huge pool has felt like bathwater.

Rock Hill
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach
Level Contributor
2,062 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Heated pools in the summer

They should be warm enough. I'm the opposite. If it is ot outside then the colder the better for the pools I htink.

Myrtle Beach, South...
Level Contributor
2,410 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Heated pools in the summer

I have worked for 2 property mgmt companies in MB and NMB and I can't think of any resort, anymore, that will pay the exhorbantant cost to heat an outdoor pool. A tiny small pool can cost $1500/mos to heat. You would be the only person in June wanting a warm pool I can assure you. I can't imagine an indoor pool in June, it its not heated, that would not be warm either.

New York
Level Contributor
500 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Heated pools in the summer

When we stay at The Breakers Resort The indoor pools are heated much like bath water.. but the the outdoor pools are not because of the warm weather. It stays warm durring the winter or so it has been in our past trips.

Myrtle Beach
Level Contributor
418 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Heated pools in the summer

I can't imagine wanting an outdoor heated pool in June. It will be hot enough outside by then that pools should all be warm naturally.

I don't think you are going to find any hotel that will spend the incredible amount of money it takes to heat an outdoor pool with daytime temps in the upper 80's low 90's. It's totally unnecessary

Myrtle Beach, South...
Level Contributor
2,410 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Heated pools in the summer

I work onsite at a North Myrtle Beach property, when I checked out what was available on VRBO for our resort, I noticed multiple listings where the owners state the outdoor pools are heated in the winter, they are not and haven't been since the first year the property was built.

So if you do see something on-line that says heated I do suggest you call and confirm. But I truly doubt you will find anything heated.

10. Re: Heated pools in the summer

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 September 2009, 10:19