We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Oceanfront hotel within walking distance to Broadway @ Beach

Secaucus, New Jersey
Level Contributor
246 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Oceanfront hotel within walking distance to Broadway @ Beach

We booked the Ocean Reef but my husband thinks we could be too far from Broadway at the Beach, which looks like a lot of fun in the evenings.

We'd have to drive about 4 miles or 10 mins.

Do you have any suggestions for another

oceanfront hotel that is in safe and close

walking distance to Broadway at the Beach?

Thank you.....

Lexington, Kentucky
Level Contributor
173 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Oceanfront hotel within walking distance to Broadway @ Beach

I think Ocean Reef is a good choice, and the drive isnt that bad. Have fun.

Cherry Hill, New...
Level Contributor
901 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Oceanfront hotel within walking distance to Broadway @ Beach

From what I understand, Broadway at the Beach is too far from the ocean to be within walking distance.

Myrtle Beach
Level Contributor
418 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Oceanfront hotel within walking distance to Broadway @ Beach

Broadway at the Beach is a good mile or so away from the ocean so no matter where you stay it's not going to be walking distance. There are tons of taxi cabs in Myrtle Beach and it is an easy drive there from Ocean Reef if you have a car. Even if you were to stay at one of the closest oceanfront hotel you would still have to cross Kingshighway(17 business) to get there which is a 3 lanes in each direction extremely busy road. There is a bus that would take you from Ocean Blvd near Ocean Reef to Broadway at the Beach but their last run is at around 10:30pm so if you are staying out late you may have to take a cab back.

I also tell everyone, Myrtle Beach is not a walking town. Everything is too spread out for you to be within walking distance of all the attractions.

Port Orange, Florida
Level Contributor
48 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Oceanfront hotel within walking distance to Broadway @ Beach

Beach Cove is just down 48th Street across from the entrance. It's probably about a 5-10 min walk.

Port Orange, Florida
Level Contributor
48 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Oceanfront hotel within walking distance to Broadway @ Beach

oops my mistake, I was thinking Barefoot not Broadway. As others stated Broadway is far from the beach. Not walkable.

Dublin, Virginia
Level Contributor
1,007 posts
124 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Oceanfront hotel within walking distance to Broadway @ Beach

I've posted before on this board that I wouldn't recommend walking to BATB and I still don't...especially from that distance. But after walking all around New Orleans for 3 days, it seems more do-able to me than before but I still wouldn't. There is traffic to contend with...heat...walking all around when you get there and then walking back...possibly in the dark. Don't know if alcohol will be a factor or not.

It's really so much more convenient to just drive there. Parking is free. Or if you don't have a car, call a taxi or wait for the Lymo (bus).

But if you really are determined to stay at an oceanfront hotel and walk...the closest one would be The Breakers from which it's a straight shot up 21rst Ave N for about a mile and a half or so to BATB.

Mentioned in this post
New Orleans
New Orleans
Louisiana
New York
Level Contributor
500 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Oceanfront hotel within walking distance to Broadway @ Beach

I deff. agree with Kitten. The Breakers is going to be the closest to Broadway if you want to stay directly on the ocean front. I'd walk there but if your going to be drinking and partying a taxi is recommended on the way back. There not to expensive. I recommend Diamond Taxi. You can even have the hotel arrange for it to pick you up.

Virginia
Destination Expert
for Virginia Beach
Level Contributor
6,798 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Oceanfront hotel within walking distance to Broadway @ Beach

I'm purusing the MB posts now for a family member's trip and saw this. I'm thinking you must have walked at home the distances you're talking about walking...and done it in the summer. Multiply that temperature. Also realize you won't be window shopping along the way and stopping in at a lot of air conditioned places or cafes for a soda to break it up.

In the south, there comes a time past spring when the shade is not cool. It is so in the north I know. After extended trips up north I occasionally find myself stepping back into the shade on a hot day and then realize it's no cooler, you only feel the humidity more. I wouldn't walk. Drive/limo/taxi and save the walking for the trek around BATB...that'll be long enough but with lots of fun stops, fun things to do and see.

Myrtle Beach, South...
Level Contributor
144 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Oceanfront hotel within walking distance to Broadway @ Beach

I think most of the other posters have it spot on. You will not be able to stay oceanfront and be within a convenient walking distance to Broadway at the Beach. Now that isn't to say you can't walk there, it just won't be as convenient as you'd like.

I will add that any resort between the 20th Ave N block and 30th Ave N block would be the most convenient. These resorts include but are not limited to the Breakers, Patricia Grand, Camelot, Boardwalk Beach Resort, Dayton House, the Carribean Beach Resort, and the Anderson Inn. 21st Ave N has sidewalks from Ocean Blvd to the Robert Grissom Pkwy, where Broadway is located, to assist in your walk. Grissom can get very busy. Be sure to cross at a light.

There's plenty of free parking at Broadway and it's only about a 5-10 minute drive from most of Ocean Blvd. Unless you plan on heading there for the nightlife, consider taking the car. If you are setting out for the bars you can take a cab back to your resort for under $10. Multiple taxi companies service Broadway especially around Celebrity Square. To avoid waiting around for one, program the number of a local cab company in your cell phone (AA Taxi 843-448-5555) and call a few minutes before you're ready to leave.

Have a great trip!

Mentioned in this post
Boardwalk Beach Resort
Boardwalk Beach Resort
602 Reviews
Myrtle Beach, SC
Charlotte, NC
Level Contributor
506 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Oceanfront hotel within walking distance to Broadway @ Beach

I was at BATB one night when it was getting close to closing time for the clubs and there must have been 30-40 taxis lined up in the parking lot waiting for customers to come out. You shouldn't have any problem at all getting a cab back to your hotel. Everyone, PLEASE don't drink and drive and keep in mind that the police are out in full force at closing time, just waiting to see people driving away from the bars.