We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

I have 4 days - what do I do?

Franklin...
Level Contributor
33 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
I have 4 days - what do I do?

I've read many posts in the forum and the "Things to Do" section. My hubby and I are going for the first time at the beginning of June, and staying at the Beach Colony Resort. We'll really have 4 full days, and I wanted to hear from those of you who are familiar with the area, what are your top recommendations of things to do and places to go/eat? What are the favorites?

Mentioned in this post
Beach Colony Resort
Beach Colony Resort
2,226 Reviews
Myrtle Beach, SC
Charlotte, North...
Level Contributor
102 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: I have 4 days - what do I do?

I recommend Le Grande Cirque. We saw the show in 2006 and it was amazing (My husband and I are in our twenties, my parents are in their forties and we all enjoyed it.). For the dinner and show deal, my favorite is the Dixie Stampede over Medieval Times. Some of the big name restaurants are just the same as anywhere else (Hard Rock, Planet Hollywood). River City Café beside Long Bay stays pretty crowded. They do have pretty good food though, and it’s fairly inexpensive. It is nice to sit outside and eat. Ripley’s Aquarium is neat, a bit pricey though. Broadway at the Beach has a lot to do. Lots of shops, restaurants, and things like that. We are going to try Barefoot Landing this year. It looks like they have some interesting things to do. We are going the first week of June also!!!

Mentioned in this post
Medieval Times
Medieval Times
1,766 Reviews
Myrtle Beach, SC
River City Cafe
River City Cafe
2,690 Reviews
Myrtle Beach, SC
Long Bay Resort
Long Bay Resort
2,722 Reviews
Myrtle Beach, SC
Broadway at the Beach
Broadway at the Beach
7,455 Reviews
Myrtle Beach, SC
Barefoot Landing
Barefoot Landing
3,218 Reviews
North Myrtle Beach, SC
Myrtle Beach, South...
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach
Level Contributor
2,702 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: I have 4 days - what do I do?

Eating : Back porch of Hamburger Joes accross from Barefoot Landing.Great view.

Mayors House in Pawleys Island.

Chesnut Hill- Ask for a window seat overlooking the lake.

Captain Georges- If you like snow crab legs,clams,mussels and oysters.

Landrys- Even though its a chain it has some of the best seafood in Myrtle.

Mentioned in this post
Barefoot Landing
Barefoot Landing
3,218 Reviews
North Myrtle Beach, SC
Pawleys Island
Pawleys Island
Coastal South Carolina, SC
Dublin, Virginia
Level Contributor
1,013 posts
124 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: I have 4 days - what do I do?

It's hard to narrow it down to just a few suggestions because there's so much choice of where to go/what to do and not everybody likes the same things...but these are a couple of my recommendations:

Restaurants......

Margaritaville: It's our one 'Do not miss' thing we do every year. Fun atmosphere, a totally cool restaurant.

Marshwalk at Murrell's Inlet: Very beautiful scenic view and some really good seafood restaurants right on the water (Drunken Jacks, Capt. Dave's Dockside)

Chuck's Steak House: Nice cozy ambience ...often overlooked but a really top notch steak house on Restaurant Row.

Carolina Roadhouse: Nice place with great food and drink, reasonable prices.

Fun.............

Parasailing (or skip the parasailing part and just do the banana boats!): Loved it. Even someone who is terrified of heights (like me!) will really enjoy it.

Miniature Golf: What can I say?...MB was voted mini golf capital of the world for a reason.

Legends in Concert: good show, especially

great Elvis entertainer

Waccatee Zoo: really enjoyable mom and pop zoo. Barracuda Jet Boats are next door on the river. Wild!

Shopping...........

Tanger Outlets on Hwy 17 N

Old Time Pottery in Surfside....my favorite store at the beach...they have everything.

Bass Pro Shop in North Myrtle

Gay Dolphin Gift Cove...legendary downtown gift shop. We enjoy going to the Gay Dolphin arcade next door and playing skeeball too.

Mentioned in this post
MarshWalk
MarshWalk
947 Reviews
Murrells Inlet, SC
Chuck's Steak House
Chuck's Steak House
1,399 Reviews
Myrtle Beach, SC
Carolina Roadhouse
Carolina Roadhouse
3,088 Reviews
Myrtle Beach, SC
Waccatee Zoo
Waccatee Zoo
542 Reviews
Myrtle Beach, SC
Surfside Beach
Surfside Beach
North Myrtle Beach
North Myrtle Beach
Gay Dolphin Gift Cove
Gay Dolphin Gift Cove
417 Reviews
Myrtle Beach, SC
Annapolis, MD
Level Contributor
711 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: I have 4 days - what do I do?

8am - wake up - coffee on patio overlooking beach

9am - pack bag - head down to beach. Chill, swim, tan, etc. repeat.

12pm - Lunch - Picnic on the beach, or drive

100yds to the first restaurant you have never eaten at (don't forget to take notes for the follow-up trip report)

2pm - back to the beach, maybe hit the pool and obligatory pool-side tiki bar for pina coladas

4pm - back to the room to shower and a cheap happy hour before dinner

6pm - drive 100yds to the first restaurant you have never eaten at (don't forget to take notes for the follow-up trip report)

8pm - drive 100yds to the first nightclub you have never been too (don't forget to take notes for the follow-up trip report). Optional mini-golf

11pm - drive 100yds to the first ice cream shop you have never eaten at. Head back to hotel

Repeat above steps daily until blood pressure drops back to below-normal levels.

myrtle beach,sc
Level Contributor
45 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: I have 4 days - what do I do?

Take a day trip to Georgetown(about 30 minutes) and take a tour of the historic homes and rice museum.Eat lunch at the Rice Paddy.Stop at Huntington Beach State park or Brookgreen Gardens on the way back.

Mentioned in this post
Huntington Beach State Park
Huntington Beach State...
1,627 Reviews
Murrells Inlet, SC
Brookgreen Gardens
Brookgreen Gardens
3,222 Reviews
Murrells Inlet, SC
ohio
Level Contributor
193 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: I have 4 days - what do I do?

We always spend all day at the beach and we always try to go to Broadway at the Beach at least once and Barefoot Landing. Lots of shopping and places to eat. Pawleys Island is a great place to go for the beach one day. It is about a 30 minute drive from the strip but it is a nice beach. Also if you have a day to spend away from the beach visit Charleston. We were there one October and had a cloudy day so we drove to Charleston and spent the day. We really enjoyed that. It is a long drive but I hope to go back. They have and outside market and boardwalk.Lots of historic building. We try to entertain ourselves for free. The shows can get expensive. Enjoy your trip.

Mentioned in this post
Broadway at the Beach
Broadway at the Beach
7,455 Reviews
Myrtle Beach, SC
Pawleys Island
Pawleys Island
Charleston
Charleston
Franklin...
Level Contributor
33 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: I have 4 days - what do I do?

Thanks for the suggestions everyone! I appreciate everyone's ideas and I'll definitely be printing this and bringing it with us. I can't wait to go!

n.c.
Level Contributor
18 posts
148 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: I have 4 days - what do I do?

For a true Carolina beach experience, one must dine at least one evening, by the water at Calabash, a small fishing village just over border in NC. Best seafood in the world. Our current favorite is the Dockside which is right on the water-- go early to avoid the crowds. Live oaks and boats and pelicans everywhere.

Mentioned in this post
Carolina Beach
Carolina Beach
North Carolina
9. Re: I have 4 days - what do I do?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 September 2009, 01:18