We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help me with hotel for late June stay please!

Tennessee
3 posts
Save Topic
Help me with hotel for late June stay please!

We will be visiting between 6/21 and 6/28 with 2 adults, a 5 year old and a 16 month old. The 5 year old is allergic to pets and smoking so we need a hotel that has never allowed either of these. Also looking for beachfront view, separate sleeping and living room, and kitchen. My car has a cargo carrier so I will have to park outside and not in a garage - I know some places have high top vehicle parking. Willing to spend $1200-1800. Want to be somewhat near the action but we could drive to other attractions. Hotel must be kid friendly as this is really for them! Hoping for lazy rivers, inside pool, outside pool, etc.

Looked at these and reviews keep scaring me:

Coral Beach

Compass Cove

Mar Vista Grande

Dunes Village

Caribbean Resort and Villas

Too much information is killing my decisions! Any and all advice is appreciated.

Tennessee
3 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Help me with hotel for late June stay please!

Oh we are also considering Camelot by the Sea.

Traverse City, MI
10 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Help me with hotel for late June stay please!

Hy guys, we just got back from MB last week and stayed at The Ocean Reef Resort. I know that our condo was no smoking and no pets, but not the entire resort. Do you require absolutely no smoking/no pets in the entire resort?

I do recomment you checking out The Ocean Reef Resort. It was a fun, clean place to stay. A little out of the way but still only 5-10 minutes drive to anywhere you would want to check out. It is close to The Dixieland Stampede, which we loved, and close to alot of great restaurants.

We had a 2 bedroom oceanfront condo, with full kitchen, 2 baths, washer and dryer, balcony, indoor pool, 3 hot tubs, lazy river...and outdoor pool and hot tub.

Good luck.

Charlie.

Traverse City, MI
10 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Help me with hotel for late June stay please!

Charlie here again. I just checked out Camelot by the Sea and WOW, that place looks very nice. And I see they state it is entirely smoke free and no pets allowed. Ocean Reef was great, but Camelot, looks like it is on a much luxurious scale. Once again good luck on your vacation.

Charlie

Rock Hill
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach
Level Contributor
2,086 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Help me with hotel for late June stay please!

I have stayed at Coral Beach many times and I love it, We aint never had any problems while there. I think that they do have some smoking rooms though so that may be a problem.

We just stay at Holiday Sands at Sout Beach almost a month ago. It is the new condos tower at Holiday Sands South. This building is completely smoke free and dosen't allow pets. It opened uo last July or august and it was still nice and clean and realitively cheap compared to other places.

ohio
Level Contributor
193 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Help me with hotel for late June stay please!

We stayed at Island Vista and it is really nice but Dunes Village is just as nice and has great stuff for the kids. If i had kids I would stay at Coral Beach of Dunes. Have stayed at Coral Beach liked it but can be kind of a party atmosphere later in evening with pool bar. Monterey Bay is good if you want average stay with free buffet breakfast. Rooms has same design at coral beach and monterey. Island vista room and Dunes is just like having an apartment. We had 2 bedrooms and 2 baths and washer and dryer in room. We loved it. Parking at Island Vista and Monterey is not the greatest. Hope this helps.

Tennessee
3 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Help me with hotel for late June stay please!

Hmmm Holiday Sands South Condos sound very good. I am probabably down to:

Holiday Sands South

Camelot at the Sea

Coral Beach

Is it worth getting a AAA membership for hotel savings?

Thanks!

Asheville, North...
Level Contributor
80 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Help me with hotel for late June stay please!

You might want to look at Sandy Beach Resort. It is new and has a water area for kids. Also has reasonable rates for their condos.

Rock Hill
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach
Level Contributor
2,086 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Help me with hotel for late June stay please!

I don't think it is worth getting AAA for once a year but if you vaction more than that then yeah. Holiday Sands dosen't accept AAA and Coral Beach only gives you around 5% off.

Hagerstown, Maryland
Level Contributor
364 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Help me with hotel for late June stay please!

Dunes Village gets my vote...There is so much for the little ones to do inside and out!!

Cincinnati,ohio
Level Contributor
305 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Help me with hotel for late June stay please!

out of the three you picked I would go with Holiday south condos. We stayed there and they are great.