We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel Opinions

Gloucester, MA
Level Contributor
31 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel Opinions

Just wanted some opinions.

Which hotel would you stay at out of Crown Reef, Sandcastle at the Pavilion, and the Sea Crest. I am coming with my boyfriend in June and we are 25 yrs old. Therefore, it wouldn't really bother us if the hotel was a little loud or not luxuriously clean....we basically want something that has a nice pool, maybe some poolside or otherwise entertainment, has decent rooms, has access to the beach, and a breakfast restaurant on site would be nice. Any opinions on these three properties would be greatly appreciated!!

Maryland
Level Contributor
3,005 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel Opinions

Haven't stayed at any but have seen them all inside and out and do you have any other options?

I would say Crown Reef is probably the better choice but I don't know if they have done any recent upgrades. Sandcastle would be dead last.

Columbus, Ohio
Level Contributor
2,264 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel Opinions

I think the Sea Crest was recently renovated. We used to stay there every year & it has everything you listed. We liked the pools & there was a small poolside bar. It's been about 8 years since we stayed there. It got mixed reviews then as it does now, but I always found it to be much better than the reviews suggested.

Hagerstown, Maryland
Level Contributor
364 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel Opinions

I believe the Sea Crest also just added a beach front bar to the hotel as well as a complete remodel of the rooms, you might want to check the website to comfirm this. I've stayed there two summers ago before they remodeled and thought the hotel was nice then.

Cleveland, Ohio
Level Contributor
103 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel Opinions

I can only comment on the Crown Reef. We have stayed at the Crown Reef for the last 6-7 years. It is a little run down, some tiles missing in the lazy river, etc. However, there are 2 large outdoor pools, a huge lazy river and many hot tubs. We've been to other facilities and believe that Crown Reef is as clean as other in the surrounding area. They have an outdoor grill and bar during the day. No entertainment. They have a cafeteria-type restaurant and a full-service restaurant on-site (see the website). They are located ocean front and all rooms have a balcony overlooking the ocean. Hope this helps.

Rock Hill
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach
Level Contributor
2,074 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel Opinions

I have stayed at Crown Reef before an it is just like you average room. Sea Crest oped back up easter weekend after undergoing Renovations. The Samndcastle nedds MAJOR renovations(North and South)

Strongsville, Ohio
Level Contributor
115 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotel Opinions

I have to agree with the other posters about Sandcastle. My daughter and I were there for Spring Break this year and I wouldnt' go back again. Its old, run down, not very nice. We go every year and have stayed many places and depending on when you go I would highly recommend Beach Cove. Its close to barefoot landing, really clean, restaurant on site, many pools, poolside bar, large spacious rooms and you can walk to Barefoot landing where theres all kinds of entertainment options.

7. Re: Hotel Opinions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 September 2009, 17:16