We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Myrtle Beach VIP card

Bristol, Rhode...
Level Contributor
484 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Myrtle Beach VIP card

Anyone use this or have any pros or cons about it?

http://www.myrtlebeachvipcard.com/

Just wondering if it's worth it or not. If anyone has any insight, I'd love to hear it.. Thanks!!

Poughkeepsie, NY
Level Contributor
184 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Myrtle Beach VIP card

We had one last year. I have to say, it is certainly worth it if you go to the places listed. I got my money's worth, but at times felt like we planned where we ate around the restaurants that were listed. For the most part, it was fine, but a lot of the places we like to go weren't on there, so I think I will pass this year.

Just my opinion, hope you have a great vacation!

Teaneck, New Jersey
Level Contributor
126 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Myrtle Beach VIP card

I had the same question a couple of month back!

My question was more about whether their website was secure and did anyone actuallly order online sucessfully. Apparently it is ok. As far as will it be worth it? Like the previous poster said, you would have to plan around their vendor lists (take a copy with you). I am going to try it along with the monster coupon book which I also got in advance for planing purposes.Their vendor list has a few restaurants and mini-golf that we could use. For us the savings with this card on it's own won't be HUGE but it will sure beat flipping through countless MB mags everyday looking for coupons. That was a big headache for me last year!

Dublin, Virginia
Level Contributor
922 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Myrtle Beach VIP card

I for one don't believe in PAYING to get a discount...but if you use the card just a couple of times in the right places you will more than recoup what you paid for it.

Nashville, Tennessee
Level Contributor
705 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Myrtle Beach VIP card

I ordered one last year and got it for half price but I don't know that I really saved anything cause it seemed like the only time I actually used it was at River City Cafe. My best suggestion would be that if you have an entertainment book, register it online and you can access discounts that they have in other cities without purchasing a book for that city. I did use a couple of coupons like that.

Nashville, Tennessee
Level Contributor
705 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Myrtle Beach VIP card

Oh, and I need to add the other things I did were order a gift certificate from restaurant.com for half price for original benjamins (they are half price right now and you can get a $25 certificate for $5, the code is cuisine) and I signed up mor mypoints so I used my points for a cracker barrel gift card to take with us. It takes awhile to build up point there though and I do that every year. They also have gas cards you can use your points on.

6. Re: Myrtle Beach VIP card

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 September 2009, 20:16