We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Boardwalk beach resort.

Bristol, Rhode...
Level Contributor
484 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Boardwalk beach resort.

Has anyone stayed recently? Just wondering if it's worth a stay or not?

I'm looking for a cheaper place to stay. My wife and I will be out most of the time and we just need a decent place to stay..

Any info is appreciated.

Dublin, Virginia
Level Contributor
1,007 posts
124 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Boardwalk beach resort.

We stayed there a couple of years ago and unless it's changed drastically I wouldn't recommend it to anyone unless you stay in the newer tower. We were in the south tower and it was horribly disgusting and stinky...trash in the hallways...tiny airless elevator. The room was really outdated and reeked of cigarette smoke, and our breakers kept tripping off. The pool was literally crumbling apart. The front desk staff were some of the rudest I've ever encountered.

The only good things I can say is that we liked the location...there was always a parking space available in their parking garage...the housekeepers were really nice and helpful.

New York
Level Contributor
500 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Boardwalk beach resort.

yeah def. would not stay there. The outside looks decent but the rooms are horrible. The newer tower shouldn't be to bad. When were you going to come to the beach? Most hotels run specials.

Columbus, Ohio
Level Contributor
2,264 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Boardwalk beach resort.

Very close to Boardwalk is Dayton House. It's an older place but the rooms & grounds are clean & well-maintained.

NC
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Boardwalk beach resort.

Never stay there. Rude staff. Crappy South Tower.

Please go elsewhere.

New York
Level Contributor
500 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Boardwalk beach resort.

Would never stay there. End of story.

6. Re: Boardwalk beach resort.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 September 2009, 01:16
Get answers to your questions about Myrtle Beach