We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need a room, but I'm only 20..HELP!!

kentucky
1 post
Save Topic
Need a room, but I'm only 20..HELP!!

I'm just 20 and I need a hotel room..but all the rooms are 21 and older or if it is 18 and older its really nasty looking..PLEASE HELP!!

Thanks!

Ulster Park, New...
Level Contributor
360 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Need a room, but I'm only 20..HELP!!

It really burns my *** that a young adult runs into this kind of discrimination. You're old enough to vote and fight in the war but you can't get a decent room??

I have no solid advice for you other than to search this forum for numerous past postings on this very topic.

You may also want to investigate renting through private condo owners. VRBO.com is a good start. I just ran across this ad stating "Graduates Welcome". Is that high school grads? College? Who knows... good luck with your search.

Ulster Park, New...
Level Contributor
360 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Need a room, but I'm only 20..HELP!!

Oops. Sorry... here's that ad I'd mentioned:

http://www.vrbo.com/74739

Myrtle Beach, South...
Level Contributor
2,410 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Need a room, but I'm only 20..HELP!!

I am sorry that you are having problems, try Myrtle Beach Retreat.

Anyway, its a broad brush we paint with, but for the most part, if we have guests that are in college (or younger)they tend to keep very late hours; forget that they are staying in a building with other guests who might not like to hear their music at 2am or 4am, or the yelling and screaming that goes on. IF we are having problems at our resort it generally comes from the younger crowd, at least 90% of the time. They throw things off the balcony, shoot fireworks off the balcony, tear up the elevators, graffitti our elevator doors, tear the phones out of the elevators, need I go on?!

webster,new york
Level Contributor
122 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Need a room, but I'm only 20..HELP!!

hey hart1 , isn't that "retreat myrtle beach" ? alot of places up around main street in NMB ?

NC
1 post
Save Reply
5. Re: Need a room, but I'm only 20..HELP!!

I would recommend the Carolina Tarheel on the corner of 18th Ave N and Withers Drive. It's one street back from Ocean Blvd. It's our favorite place to stay in MB. They rent to people 18 and older, but I am pretty sure that they charge security deposits on people under 25. Last time we were there they had a good many young people, and they keep a close eye and don't let you get too wild.

ohio
Level Contributor
193 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Need a room, but I'm only 20..HELP!!

You can try Bar Harbor, which is not nice but will rent to you. Also try Cherry Grove.

Lexington, Kentucky
Level Contributor
136 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Need a room, but I'm only 20..HELP!!

I was stuck on this once. This is what I did. Theres two things you can do. 1) Go to a travel agent and they will give you a list of hotels to where you can be 20 at check in. 2) when I was 20 I just called EVERY hotel that I would be slightly interested in and simply ask. I got a few saying I could be 19 or 20 BUT I had to pay a 100$ deposit..which you will get back of course. Try the Mgrande Resort. I stayed there when I was 19, it was horrible then but I heard from some people that it has renovated and is ALOT nicer now. Hope this helps!

North GA
Level Contributor
476 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Need a room, but I'm only 20..HELP!!

Try Sandcastle South or Sandcastle at the pavilion. IF I remember correctly ( and I am long past 20!), they had something about Spring Break headquarters on something I read about them as well as something about graduates welcome. Good luck!

Myrtle Beach, South...
Level Contributor
2,410 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Need a room, but I'm only 20..HELP!!

Sand Castle may change their rental policy - they had an 18 yr old from OH die there day before yesterday, fell out of a 6th story window. So very sad, things like that can happen to any age, but it seems when we hear of someone falling to their death/serious injury, they tend to be younger and yes we do have accidents happen down here.

Yes it probably is Retreat MB, I don't keep up on under age rentals very much. Big article in todays newspaper (www.myrtlebeachonline.com) there are some people wanting to stop seniors from coming to the beach. Every spring break, every senior week, it seems we have some kind of tragedy and then the talk starts again about limiting young people from coming. Anyway, that discussion is as broad and long as politics and religion.

North GA
Level Contributor
476 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Need a room, but I'm only 20..HELP!!

Oh no! How very sad! There was a young guy from my area that feel off the balcony at MB a year or so ago and died. Jen

Get answers to your questions about Myrtle Beach