We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dogs at Myrtlewood Villas

Which Myrtle Beach hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Trenton, NJ
Level Contributor
19 posts
Save Topic
Dogs at Myrtlewood Villas

I have read on several reviews that Myrtlewood villas are not reccomended for pet owners. We are renting a condo there from a friend who says it is OK to bring our dog, and want to make sure it will not be a hassle. Any thoughts?

Thanks!

Myrtle Beach, South...
Level Contributor
2,410 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Dogs at Myrtlewood Villas

Generally most HOA's don't allow guests to have pets, owners can, but not guests and most rental agencies follow those rules. Some owners who rent units themselves will often times "ignore" the HOA rules and tell people they can bring dogs. I understand wanting to bring "Fluffy" with you, and I know "Fluffy" does not bark or poop, but in reality they do, especially when you leave the, lonely puppy will bark disturbing everyone around, they can tear things up, they very often leave fleas, they pick them outside, even if they come down w/o fleas, they very easily can get them down here. Its really not fair to the person checking in behind you, who may not have a pet to deal with the odor, perhaps they have allergies. But long story short, if the owner told you okay and they do not use a rental agencies then I saw go, if the owner has a contract with a rental agency as well YOU MAY want to contact them to find out their policy. It would be awful to have to kennel your dog down here or risk being evicted. We have evicted guests for pets (NO REFUND) or made them put them in kennel

Myrtle Beach, South...
Level Contributor
2,410 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Dogs at Myrtlewood Villas

I did forget to mention we lived at Myrtlewood (Magnolia Place) for 6 months, we did see quite a few dogs in the area, but no way of knowing if they were owners

3. Re: Dogs at Myrtlewood Villas

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 October 2009, 05:24